5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay "Twitching" issue (2019 RAM DT) ???

SimmZ

Reaction score
Since I purchased my truck brand new one year ago (end of year sale), I have the "Twitching" issue while using Apple CarPlay on my uConnect 8.4... it's intermittent and non-consistent. I tested several USB cable (genuine Apple cables) and all the USB ports of my truck... always the same. I also changed my iPhone 8+ for the new iPhone 12 and the issue is exactly the same.

This issue is discussed on several JL Wrangler forum but curiously not much on RAM 1500 forum, while it's the same radio...
Here's a good discussion on this issue : https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/apple-carplay-screen-twitching-effect.52593/

And here's a video taken from a JL Wrangler and my RAM DT is doing EXACTLY the same. Check around 0.08m, it's happening very fast but it's obvious.

Any fix for that?

Comrade86

Reaction score
I have same exact problem and my radio would reprogram 2 or 3 presets out of all of them. Intermittent problem, happened about 5x since purchase.
20’ 1500 3.0 Laramie 10,460k
I would assume that is a software problem, I wonder if they have an update for it yet?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimmZ

Reaction score
I have same exact problem and my radio would reprogram 2 or 3 presets out of all of them. Intermittent problem, happened about 5x since purchase.
20’ 1500 3.0 Laramie 10,460k
I would assume that is a software problem, I wonder if they have an update for it yet?!

Humm mine do it like every 10-15 minutes from first day I purchased the truck 11 months ago. It's not THAT MUCH annoying since it only "flashes" for a milli-second, but it's still questionable for a 60K$ brand new truck....

I verified on uConnect update website with my VIN# and it says my uConnect is already up-to-date. I'll try to record my own video of the issue by installing a Go-Pro camera somewhere in the center console facing the radio while I'm driving. Hopefully I'll be able to provide the video to my local dealer and have it elevated to Chrysler tech support hotline.

Comrade86

Reaction score
Humm mine do it like every 10-15 minutes from first day I purchased the truck 11 months ago. It's not THAT MUCH annoying since it only "flashes" for a milli-second, but it's still questionable for a 60K$ brand new truck....

I verified on uConnect update website with my VIN# and it says my uConnect is already up-to-date. I'll try to record my own video of the issue by installing a Go-Pro camera somewhere in the center console facing the radio while I'm driving. Hopefully I'll be able to provide the video to my local dealer and have it elevated to Chrysler tech support hotline.

I spoke with the dealer about this and my driver side mirror sometimes does funny things after backing up…. He said it’s a well known problem now and it’s in a software. They are working on an update…. As of right now they will replace the radio.

MaximumTwenty

Reaction score
My Ram never does it, but it happens quite frequently in my wife's 2020 Cherokee. I was thinking it was cable related, but haven't had the chance to swap cables. Plus she doesn't seem to notice.

Users who are viewing this thread