5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay navigation issue

Chuckdb3684

Reaction score
Purchased a 19 Big Horn last month and when I connect my IPhone and pull up any navigation app (apple map, google map, or Waze) it starts my at my work location no matter where I am. It only happens when CarPlay is launched, if I run the app directly it is fine. Anyone else had similar issues?

MattF

Reaction score
I have not had this issues when using Google maps or Waze. I do start google maps and set the destination prior to connecting to CarPlay.

Matt

TimG

Reaction score
I have that problem on my 8.4, but with android auto. It puts me in Glasgow, MT every time, and doesn't fix itself until I've driven up to 10 miles sometimes. I should note that I live in Maryland. Also, my compass doesn't work most of the time, and if I set my clock to update timezones via GPS it puts me on Mountain Time. The wizards at UConnect are working on this with me, and every few days they give me a call and we try to run some sort of troubleshooting. To date, nothing has worked 100% to correct the issue.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Purchased a 19 Big Horn last month and when I connect my IPhone and pull up any navigation app (apple map, google map, or Waze) it starts my at my work location no matter where I am. It only happens when CarPlay is launched, if I run the app directly it is fine. Anyone else had similar issues?
FYI... The iOS update that dropped yesterday (12.1.3) explicitly fixes CarPlay issues. Only mentioned XR/XS but it's worth a shot. Update and let us know if it fixes it for sure.

Here are Apple’s release notes for the update:
– Fixes an issue in Messages that could impact scrolling through photos in the Details view
– Addresses an issue where photos could have striped artifacts after being sent from the Share Sheet
– Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion when using external audio input devices on iPad Pro (2018)
– Resolves an issue that could cause certain CarPlay systems to disconnect from iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max

Thanks,

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
Mine shows that I am in Sterling Heights, MI near the FCA plant and I live in Iowa. I guess there's a TSB for it and an update is needed for the head unit.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine shows that I am in Sterling Heights, MI near the FCA plant and I live in Iowa. I guess there's a TSB for it and an update is needed for the head unit.
Guess you're lucky. Sounds like you've got the wormhole package. :p

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was a tsb on the radio for this issue. Mine was doing it and the tsb fixed it

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/