5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay instead of "Media"

jjdawgs

Reaction score
Whenever I plug in my iPhone, the uConnect switches to the Media input. I would like it to switch to CarPlay automatically. Any way to do this?

2019 1500 Big Horn. iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 128GB Thumb Drive with My MP3's on it. If I plug in a Phone
it switches off of the Media source to the phone for car play.

Malodave

Bearman95

Reaction score
When I plug my iPhone 7+ In to usb 1 it automatically goes to CarPlay. I have the 8.4 Alpine in my 2020 Laramie. I don’t have it on any setting that makes it do that and I don’t know if there is a setting that makes it do that.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Same here. It switches to CarPlay automatically when it detects my iPhone.
It does this for either wired or wireless CarPlay (same behavior). I don’t remember having to change any settings for this.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whenever I plug in my iPhone, the uConnect switches to the Media input. I would like it to switch to CarPlay automatically. Any way to do this?

2019 1500 Big Horn. iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Apologies if these are dumb questions, but have you used CarPlay with this phone? Did you enable Siri (a prerequisite for CarPlay)? Which USB port(s) have you tried?

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Same here. It switches to CarPlay automatically when it detects my iPhone.
It does this for either wired or wireless CarPlay (same behavior). I don’t remember having to change any settings for this.
Wireless CarPlay? How do you get that, that’s what I’m looking for I don’t want to plug in my my phone every time, it does connect via Bluetooth but I don’t get all th features

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

KCViper

Reaction score
I was looking at all the options the other day and seem to remember that you can set a default for this. My truck is currently getting Xpel PPF and I'll take a look to see if I can find this when I get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread