5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay disconnect issues

TKLEMP83

Reaction score
I have had a 2019 Ram since late 2021 and from the beginning I have been able to use CarPlay but have issues when CarPlay on long drives (usually more than 30 minutes). After awhile, CarPlay will start a cycle of disconnecting and reconnecting. I usually just unplug and wait 20-30 minutes before I reconnect and it will work for another 30/40 minutes before the cycle begins again. I’m pretty sure it is the Uconnect software as I have tried multiple iPhones and they all suffer the same fate. Uconnect was updated over the summer but continue to have the issue. Not sure if it is what it is or if I need to replace the unconnect unit.

jerblydeets

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I also believe there is a bug of some sort inside the Uconnect Software. C'mon MOPAR! Fix this issue!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I changed my usb media hub, but I was having problems when the cabin was hot. Might be worth a try tho, it’s not too expensive. There’s an updates part number. Let me know if you’re interested I’ll dig it up.

TKLEMP83

Reaction score
I changed my usb media hub, but I was having problems when the cabin was hot. Might be worth a try tho, it’s not too expensive. There’s an updates part number. Let me know if you’re interested I’ll dig it up.
It is worth the try. It's really more annoying than anything but if you happen to come across the part number, I would appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread