5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carpet soaking wet on driver side

Tysan2c12

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Dodge Ram limited and I went to change my floor mats out and on my driver side the floor was soaking wet and when I pulled the carpet up it was soaking wet all the way up past the gas pedals and up even further. Help where can it be leaking?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Dodge Ram limited and I went to change my floor mats out and on my driver side the floor was soaking wet and when I pulled the carpet up it was soaking wet all the way up past the gas pedals and up even further. Help where can it be leaking?
Some people had a problem with the seam behind the fender and/or on the firewall leaking. I had this problem once (not as bad as you describe) and it turned out to be the door drain was backing up and overflowing when my truck was parked facing downhill and slanted towards the driver's side, and the bottom seal was holding the water in.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As mentioned, it could be a seam in the floor, but based on the amount of water, it' sounds like one of the drains is either stuffed up or disconnected. Open your driver's door, you should be able to work out where the drain tube between the opening of the door where it hinges.

GerryS

Reaction score

Look at the seam in the video.
Gerry

Tysan2c12

Reaction score

Look at the

Look at the seam in the video.
Gerry
Thank you for the video! Was your carpet wet all the way up past the gas pedals also?

Users who are viewing this thread