5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carluex wireless adapter

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just to clarify. What I thought is that thing has wireless charging and Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto Adapter but it doesn't and was hoping can do full screen on 12". When I use gps like google maps or waze sound turns down(google maps) and voice directions cuts off(waze). I have bulletpoint mount installed on top so I'm not looking to get mopar wireless charging option. So i'm looking to utilize my mount for wireless charge and android auto adapter with full screen option on my 12" screen(if possible).
Android Auto to your radio will not give you full screen but Apple Carplay will.
The interesting things about these boxes that despite running Android they connected wired to your truck via Apple Carplay, meaning it will be full screen.

You can then mirror your phone, or use Android Auto to that device.
AA to that device should be fullscreen, as the wired connection is via Carplay.

None of this has anything to do with charging, it's a box running Android which you hardware into your USB port, and then can use as a stand alone device, or connect your phone wireless from.

I played with mine on the traffic ride home last night from Flagstaff, fired up Netflix while sitting in bumper to bumper.....
That's the same one I have. I paid $230 for it, i'm the single review on that page.
Sucks it's only running Android 9 despite clearly stating it's running Android 12.
Android 9 came out in 2018, and eventually apps will not run on such an older OS but for now it's ok.
The $120 they are looking for now is much more reasonable

seansmd

Reaction score
Android Auto to your radio will not give you full screen but Apple Carplay will.
The interesting things about these boxes that despite running Android they connected wired to your truck via Apple Carplay, meaning it will be full screen.

You can then mirror your phone, or use Android Auto to that device.
AA to that device should be fullscreen, as the wired connection is via Carplay.

None of this has anything to do with charging, it's a box running Android which you hardware into your USB port, and then can use as a stand alone device, or connect your phone wireless from.

That's the same one I have. I paid $230 for it, i'm the single review on that page.
Sucks it's only running Android 9 despite clearly stating it's running Android 12.
Android 9 came out in 2018, and eventually apps will not run on such an older OS but for now it's ok.
The $120 they are looking for now is much more reasonable
Same experience, the full screen Google maps is not worth the wonkiness for regular use. Camping and watching content etc, nice to have.

mynameisante

Reaction score
After doing plenty of research on this topic, I'm leaning toward a MagicBox. It has all all these features you guys speak about, but you gotta run either Hotspot or have wifi for it... it seems the most legit (and secure/safest) of these options you guys have been mentioning

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
After doing plenty of research on this topic, I'm leaning toward a MagicBox. It has all all these features you guys speak about, but you gotta run either Hotspot or have wifi for it... it seems the most legit (and secure/safest) of these options you guys have been mentioning
None of them are safe and secure, almost all have malware loaded on these boxes. I wouldn't load my email onto it, but Google maps and stuff is fine and anything with 2FA.

Users who are viewing this thread