5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargo light not working from brand new

Jgking

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me how to turn on the top mounted cargo light should it go buy itself when opening the door the button under the lights makes the orange dash light come on no cargo light can any one help ?

Does it work if you open the doors?

Hi can anyone tell me how to turn on the top mounted cargo light should it go buy itself when opening the door the button under the lights makes the orange dash light come on no cargo light can any one help ?
If I have the interior lights turned off when opening the door the cargo light does not come on.
If I have the interior lights to come on when I open the door the cargo light comes on.
Not sure if that is your situation, best of luck.

Check your bulbs. Start with the basics. Does your brake light work? Could be a faulty conection.

Like someone else replied, check the bulb. Start with the basics. Unscrew the light assembly and check the connector. Make sure its plugged in. While your there check the bulb filament or for a few bucks replace the bulbs and see if they work. What's the year of the truck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back