5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargo divider with no rambox

jassim

Reaction score
I am picking up a limited 1500 with BUG but no rambox.
I am wondering if I will be able to install the cargo divided / bed extender thing.
Or am I mixing two different things here

I see about of videos and pics that show the cargo divider but all of them have been with model with rambox.
Can someone shed some light on this matter for me ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering if I will be able to install the cargo divided / bed extender thing.
Or am I mixing two different things here ?

I see about of videos and pics that show the cargo divider but all of them have been with model with rambox.
There is a bed divider for the non ram box. It requires the bed utility rails. I do not have one and I recommend checking the reviews on Amazon and any other available info.

The divider looks and sounds nice but I tend to believe it doesn't work as well as some would like.

This is the cargo/bed divider in my 19. I find it great for keeping my golf clubs from wandering all over the bed and it's also handy to hold fuel cans in place. It's a bit clunky to adjust but overall I find it well worth the investment.
You have the BUG so it will bolt right in. Search the web for the best price. I found mine on Ebay at a significantly lower price.
Some tonneau cover clamps can get in the way but there are ways around that.

Attachments

• bed divider.jpg
    bed divider.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 56

Bed Extender and Bed Divider Ram 1500 two products for different needs.

Just installed the 'MOPAR Bed Divider Ram 1500' into my 2021 1500 Limited.

My Limited has it all but Tech Pkg and Ram Box, took about 35 minutes to install and that includes cutting the box open. 6 #3 Philips screws and the rail system is installed into the Bed Utility Group with absolutely no issue, no loss of functionality. Last thing I need was the big Bed Extender just to hold varying loads sizes from sliding around in the box. Also added A DeeZee bed mat to add friction and protect the spray in liner from damage.

You can purchase any number of iteration of these things from all over the web but I prefer to be able to drive to the nearest RAM dealer and talk turkey to the source not to mention over the counter warranty exchange or replacement parts.

Cheers,

Doug

I went another way.

My Laramie doesn't have Ram boxes but did come with the BUG. For a bed divider, I lucked out. Since this truck came with the bed package, it has the rails and movable tie-down points in it already. In my pile of ever-growing junk, I had a new cargo net for a Chrysler 200. This was placed in the trunk of our former 2017 Charger R/T by mistake. It wasn't long enough to work in the Charger's trunk. So the dealership gave us another one that did fit and the dealer didn't want the one we got back.

TirePressure04.jpg

Turned out it's a pretty perfect fit. All I needed to do was install a cargo jack below it to hold it down. We have used this now for a couple of months and it is perfect to keep groceries and other relatively light stuff from sliding to the front of the bed.

TirePressure05.jpg

My sweetie is really happy with this setup. ;)

Tonneau01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back