5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargo/3rd brake light

bendini

Reaction score
Trying to swap out all my halogen for LED bulbs and cargo/third brake light fixture won’t budge. Tried using pry tools and let it warm up in garage (MN) but seal won’t budge. Any suggestions?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Can you see/tell if someone "silicone" the light in place? The light should be easy to remove once the screws are removed from my experience. That was on a 2019 after approximately 2 years.

Last edited:

bendini

Reaction score
Can you see/tell if someone "silicone" the light in place? The light should be easy to remove once the screws are removed from my experience. That was on a 2019 after approximately 2 years.
That’s what I was thinking, really tough to even get it to budge

bendini

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking, really tough to even get it to budge
Debating if I should even mess with the seal at this point with all I’ve heard about leaks…

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Good luck. LED bulbs cause keyfob issues on these trucks. It varies by brand and truck - there's no rhyme or reason. Some trucks never have an issue and some have issues every day. I tried two different brands and neither worked so I had to replace mine with the full unit from Recon.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Debating if I should even mess with the seal at this point with all I’ve heard about leaks…
Bluegrass has a pretty good point. I did have to replace one of my bulbs prior to going to LEDS from Diode Dynamics (no issues but $$). Maybe at that point (if it comes around) go for the LEDs. The upgraded version of the CHMSL is not that expensive and has 2 seals. If you do decide to make the "move" to LEDs or replace a bulb perhaps purchase the updated version of the light.

bendini

Reaction score
Bluegrass has a pretty good point. I did have to replace one of my bulbs prior to going to LEDS from Diode Dynamics (no issues but $$). Maybe at that point (if it comes around) go for the LEDs. The upgraded version of the CHMSL is not that expensive and has 2 seals. If you do decide to make the "move" to LEDs or replace a bulb perhaps purchase the updated version of the light.
Which led light would you recommend for 2020 big horn?

Users who are viewing this thread