5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car Play

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not from the factory. There is an aftermarket solution that a lot of people on this forum use.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What @piening2150 said. Unless you plug in an aftermarket gizmo, its wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, not wireless. Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto is coming supposedly with UConnect 5 on the 2022s.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My inlaws just got a Limited Pacifica with UConnect 5. Didn't spend that much time with it, but definitely more advanced than 4. I will try and check out wireless Carplay this weekend

Majortom

Reaction score
I use the the carplay2air dongle with great success. However, I do wish it wouldn‘t switch from the previous music (HD radio or XM) to CarPlay music player each time you restart. There may be a setting, but I haven’t bothered to look into it...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I use the the carplay2air dongle with great success. However, I do wish it wouldn‘t switch from the previous music (HD radio or XM) to CarPlay music player each time you restart. There may be a setting, but I haven’t bothered to look into it...
Mine stays on SiriusXM unless I've been playing media on my phone through another source when I jump into the truck. Also, if you pull up apps that have embedded media (e.g. Facebook) while connected to the truck, you can expect the source to change in the truck too.

Majortom

Reaction score
Mine stays on SiriusXM unless I've been playing media on my phone through another source when I jump into the truck. Also, if you pull up apps that have embedded media (e.g. Facebook) while connected to the truck, you can expect the source to change in the truck too.
Appreciate the tip. I often have my player up in background. My not be actively using it, but because it’s not closed, that may be why...

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My inlaws just got a Limited Pacifica with UConnect 5. Didn't spend that much time with it, but definitely more advanced than 4. I will try and check out wireless Carplay this weekend
Wireless Carplay works pretty seemlessly on the older Galaxy that I used. Carplay is the same as it is with Uconnect 4 (on the surface) so I moved on to Uconnect 5 itself. I was a bit overwhelmed buy the menus and sub menus in 5. You could waste an afternoon customizing your layout adding apps and shortcuts to the homescreen. For example I think you can create a shortcut for the ventilated seat instead of having to delve into the climate control menu, or a navigation shortcut like home or work

Users who are viewing this thread