5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get my 2022 to lower from OR2 mode.

JR82686

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a 2022 and am having issues with my air suspension not lowering down from the OR2 setting. My dash indicator says its at normal ride height however it is higher than that setting and I have a dash warning light to service the air suspension. This was not the case when I test drove the truck the previous day before purchase. I am wondering if I need to reset and calibrate the system and how to do that.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pull the negative post off the battery and let it sit for a few hours. That should reset all modules in the truck. When you hook it back up, be sure to drive it a bit and give it a little time for the modules to recalibrate and kick in. With all the new electronics in our rigs, a good majority of problems I’ve seen have been resolved with the old “Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in yet?” method. 🤣

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I assume this was purchased used?
If so there's a lot of tinkering the person could of done in the bcm. You can set the height for each cornor and in theory have it in OR2 while in normal. It's obviously a bad thing to do, but possible of the person was screwing around with it.
You can recalibrate it but not 100% on the procedure, and if you just bought it you should have the dealer do it (it's a manual process in loading measurements of each 4 cornor after making adjustments and each truck is different configs values).
@Jimmy07 MIGHT be able to pull the factory values to enter with your Vin if that's the route you want to go and ask nicely :)

Users who are viewing this thread