5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cancelled my order

Daleone3

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Ram Shortbox Reg. Cab Classic Blackout edition on Dec 1 and just cancelled the order. Backstory is it was supposed to be 8-12 weeks. Ram sent me an email stating I would have it delivered on MAR 8. The truck arrived in Ayer MA (on rail) on MAR 4 and as of March 21, no one could tell me when I would have it. They did not know why it had not shipped to the dealer (about 15 miles from the Railyard). With no answers and no confidence, I decided to cancel the order and ended up buying a 2020 BigHorn with 14k miles, off lease truck, very well cared for and top of the line in terms of options. Less money, more options , better truck. I talked to another dealer and they indicated that the truck probably came off the rail damaged and was in process of a claim and repair before it got delivered to the dealer. The railyard actually has a full body shop on site which I did not know so even though it is "new", does not mean it has not been repaired. Not what I had intended but actually ended up much happier with the end product.
Just sharing as a cautionary tale that may benefit someone someday.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Ram Shortbox Reg. Cab Classic Blackout edition on Dec 1 and just cancelled the order. Backstory is it was supposed to be 8-12 weeks. Ram sent me an email stating I would have it delivered on MAR 8. The truck arrived in Ayer MA (on rail) on MAR 4 and as of March 21, no one could tell me when I would have it. They did not know why it had not shipped to the dealer (about 15 miles from the Railyard). With no answers and no confidence, I decided to cancel the order and ended up buying a 2020 BigHorn with 14k miles, off lease truck, very well cared for and top of the line in terms of options. Less money, more options , better truck. I talked to another dealer and they indicated that the truck probably came off the rail damaged and was in process of a claim and repair before it got delivered to the dealer. The railyard actually has a full body shop on site which I did not know so even though it is "new", does not mean it has not been repaired. Not what I had intended but actually ended up much happier with the end product.
Just sharing as a cautionary tale that may benefit someone someday.

If it really did get damaged and they are trying to fix it there before going to the dealer to be sold as new, you should post the vin here. At least if a potential buyer searched the vin they would have a chance of seeing the story here first (hopefully).

Reverse

Reaction score
Shortbox Regular cab? Must be new? I owned a regular cab with the 6'4" box and that was the shortest one available on the regular cab.

A fine truck BTW, and I miss it, even though I replaced it with a 2021 Limited. Column shifter and bench seat should be standard in every Ram :)

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why would you order a new classic? Never understood why they still make the classic. Same looks been around for over a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably price. The classic use to be quite a bit cheaper then the DT was and still is a amazing truck compared to its similar priced competitors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why would you order a new classic? Never understood why they still make the classic. Same looks been around for over a decade.

Probably price. The classic use to be quite a bit cheaper then the DT was and still is a amazing truck compared to its similar priced competitors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Its also the only way to get a regular cab truck. 5th gens only come in quad cab or Club cab.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ah makes sense. I went though the reg cab short bed phase. It’s fun for a year.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah makes sense. I went though the reg cab short bed phase. It’s fun for a year.

I miss mine, but they definitely don't work well for family life. Super fun to whip around in, especially in the snow. I still have fun with my crew cab but I can't do donuts at the intersection at the bottom of our street anymore.

IMG_3013.JPG
IMG_3523.jpg

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cool story. Talk to the guys in Canada that have been waiting longer, or the guys that ordered a TRX. I know the wait sucks but none of those dates are solid dates. Shipping is all kinds of screwed up. Glad you got a truck you're happy with, that's all that matters.

truckless

Reaction score
Cool story. Talk to the guys in Canada that have been waiting longer, or the guys that ordered a TRX. I know the wait sucks but none of those dates are solid dates. Shipping is all kinds of screwed up. Glad you got a truck you're happy with, that's all that matters.

Oh yeah, the wait sucks more than a crack ***** on a Friday night. But I have waited too long to quit now without getting what I wanted in the first place.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Shortbox Regular cab? Must be new? I owned a regular cab with the 6'4" box and that was the shortest one available on the regular cab.

A fine truck BTW, and I miss it, even though I replaced it with a 2021 Limited. Column shifter and bench seat should be standard in every Ram :)
Things have changed in the world of pickup beds. Long beds used to be 8' and short beds were 6.5'. That's still true with HD trucks. Half ton pickups seem to have redefined that, with long beds being around 6.5' and short beds being around 5.5'. You can order a Classic Tradesman regular cab with an 8' bed, so in that case the 6'4" bed is a short bed. But you can't order a regular cab with a 5'7" bed.

Daleone3

Reaction score

Because I liked the look, simple answer. Only way to get a Reg Cab too.

Daleone3

Reaction score
If it really did get damaged and they are trying to fix it there before going to the dealer to be sold as new, you should post the vin here. At least if a potential buyer searched the vin they would have a chance of seeing the story here first (hopefully).

Daleone3

Reaction score
I will post a link when it gets to the dealer with the VIN. In speaking to other dealers, they said the most common issue after being on a car carrier, a train and another carrier is damage that causes a delay. I don't think a Lot Guy is going to really give two turds about something I bought or how it is driven. Sucks that you can buy somethng that potentially had work done thinking it was free of work. They added that the more damage, the longer the delay as adjusters argue about how and where it happened and responsibility. Lesson learned on this one.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will post a link when it gets to the dealer with the VIN. In speaking to other dealers, they said the most common issue after being on a car carrier, a train and another carrier is damage that causes a delay. I don't think a Lot Guy is going to really give two turds about something I bought or how it is driven. Sucks that you can buy somethng that potentially had work done thinking it was free of work. They added that the more damage, the longer the delay as adjusters argue about how and where it happened and responsibility. Lesson learned on this one.
I would normally agree but there are labor shortages with some of the transportation companies and trucks have been sitting waiting for a ride. While damage in shipping is definitely a thing, it's not always the case.

Users who are viewing this thread