5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canada to US Conversion

Mukman

Reaction score
I’ve recently installed the Morimoto XB LED’s into my 2020 Bighorn that had OEM halogen headlights.

The truck was built/ sold in Canada, and re-sold to me in the US (WA state).

I have now learned that trucks in Canada have, by law, the low beams on full-time as daytime running lights. So, now with my Morimoto super-duper LED’s the headlights are on all the time. There is no option to turn the DRL’s off like there is on US vehicles.

Is anyone aware of a Canada to US conversion which would allow me to shut the headlights off during the day time? I’m thinking like a software change...

Thanks,
Keith

FN-2187

Reaction score
I’ve recently installed the Morimoto XB LED’s into my 2020 Bighorn that had OEM halogen headlights.

The truck was built/ sold in Canada, and re-sold to me in the US (WA state).

I have now learned that trucks in Canada have, by law, the low beams on full-time as daytime running lights. So, now with my Morimoto super-duper LED’s the headlights are on all the time. There is no option to turn the DRL’s off like there is on US vehicles.

Is anyone aware of a Canada to US conversion which would allow me to shut the headlights off during the day time? I’m thinking like a software change...

Thanks,
Keith
Maybe a Tazer DT?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can use AlfaODB to make the change. This is controlled by the BCM and there isn't any wiring you can change.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mukman, sounds like they at least informed you that they were selling you a grey vehicle. There have been a couple members here who have said they weren't told that before purchase, and only found out after they tried to have something repaired under warranty and it was denied because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread