5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you recommend a good snow brush/snow scraper to keep in the vehicle?

jastevenson

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently moved to a state that has an actual winter. We don’t get a ton of snow, but I’d guess I need to snow brush my car 10-14 days per year.

Can anyone recommend a good snow brush/snow scraper that fits nicely in the cab?

Thanks!

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use an extendable paint roller handle with a soft bristle brush for snow removal.
I also use a Brass Edged Ice scraper for the windows. Be careful around your wipers.
You could cut right through them in a split second. I can also change the brush for
one to wash the roof too.

Malodave

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use this. Snow broom on one end and scraper on the other. Both ends are removable if you want something small. Don't use a brush on your paint. The foam is less harmful though I still try not to actually touch the paint. Extends to 55" which is long enough and I'm only 5'3.

BIRDROCK HOME Snow MOOver 55" Extendable Foam Car Snow Brush and Ice Scraper with Soft Grip

719NgqMroVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You got me thinking as I just got my truck and need one too. Did a bit of searching on Amazon and this looks like the best option I saw:

True Temper ABTT5212 Telescoping Scratch-Free Snow Brush with End Scraper and Cushioned Grip, 52-Inch https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06X1CQHGN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_ATgdGb94MX856
My local hardware store has them for $25 and it looks OK. I opted for the Birdrock one above because it was a bit longer and I can remove the scraper and use it like a hand scraper.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can stick mine in the DU-HA or in the Bed tucked up under the bed rail.

Malodave

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently moved to a state that has an actual winter. We don’t get a ton of snow, but I’d guess I need to snow brush my car 10-14 days per year.

Can anyone recommend a good snow brush/snow scraper that fits nicely in the cab?

Thanks!
Use a broom. I live where it snows all the time. If I have to brush off in the driveway I just use a broom. Other than that I keep a small handheld in my vehicles to clear the windows/doors no need to overthink this or get anything too big.

bigalf

Reaction score
Make sure you clean the snow away from the roof and door opening BEFORE opening. I've had a wet drivers seat before

Users who are viewing this thread