5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you Identify this sound?

CaptnC88

Reaction score
I bought this 2019 ram bighorn on Saturday. It’s used with 53k miles. I have driven it about 150 miles before it started making this terrible sound. Do you have any idea what it could be?

Thank you in advance!

CaptnC88

Reaction score
Dealer just called and I need new ball joints. They are on back order so I will have a loaner for a few weeks.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dealer just called and I need new ball joints. They are on back order so I will have a loaner for a few weeks.

I would just keep my truck until they have the parts and ready to do it, assuming it's still drivable?

Having my truck sit at a dealership lot for so long, with the tight confines and probably dings and dents from vehicles being moved around would give me the hives.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would just keep my truck until they have the parts and ready to do it, assuming it's still drivable?

Having my truck sit at a dealership lot for so long, with the tight confines and probably dings and dents from vehicles being moved around would give me the hives.
Not just that, but with the UAW strike parts will take a long time to arrive.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not just that, but with the UAW strike parts will take a long time to arrive.
I'd probably ask if they will use aftermarket ball joints that are readily available, or all new UCAs

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow a loaner. I just dropped my truck off for a water pump (under warranty) and I got the offer of a ride on the shuttle and waited 45 minutes…. Dealerships in OK are ****

Users who are viewing this thread