5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can You Believe How Much More Expensive The 2022 Ram 1500 TRX Has Gotten?

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Can You Believe How Much More Expensive The 2022 Ram 1500 TRX Has Gotten?​

Ram's Performance Off-Roader Continues To Get Expensive...​

1645750527334.png

Last year, the Ram Truck brand unleashed the high-anticipated Ram 1500 TRX and it took the pickup world by storm. The performance off-roader earned MotorTrend’s 2021 “Truck of the Year”, marking the first time an automaker had won the award three years in a row. The awards didn’t just stop there, with Car and Driver adding the Ram 1500 to its “10Best vehicles for 2021” list for the third consecutive year. Car and Driver highlighted that “the addition of the Ram TRX gives buyers a ridiculously fun option that isn’t for the faint-hearted. A truck that is this good off-road has no business being so sophisticated on [the] pavement, but it is and we love it.” Not a bad way to start out the launch of a new model.

truckless

Reaction score
And now the TRX price point is high enough to trigger our stupid luxury tax in Canada. It starts on values of $100,000 for cars and $250,000 for boats. Because you know....boats are much more a necessity and that much less of a luxury than a land vehicle.

"In its 2021 Budget, the federal government proposed to introduce a tax on the sale of certain luxury goods purchased for personal use such as cars, boats, and aircraft. The tax would apply to new cars and aircraft with a retail sales price over $100,000 and to boats over $250,000. The tax would be calculated at the lesser of 20% of the value above the threshold ($100,000 for cars and personal aircraft, $250,000 for boats) or 10% of the full value of the luxury car, boat, or personal aircraft."

NHRoadking

Reaction score
Record profits for Ram last year. They and other companies are taking advantage of the supply chain issues and raising prices beyond the actual material cost increases and we are all paying for it. Ouch.

Snekpete

Reaction score
And now the TRX price point is high enough to trigger our stupid luxury tax in Canada. It starts on values of $100,000 for cars and $250,000 for boats. Because you know....boats are much more a necessity and that much less of a luxury than a land vehicle.

"In its 2021 Budget, the federal government proposed to introduce a tax on the sale of certain luxury goods purchased for personal use such as cars, boats, and aircraft. The tax would apply to new cars and aircraft with a retail sales price over $100,000 and to boats over $250,000. The tax would be calculated at the lesser of 20% of the value above the threshold ($100,000 for cars and personal aircraft, $250,000 for boats) or 10% of the full value of the luxury car, boat, or personal aircraft."
That ought to kill new airplane sales in Canada. I assume that's on top of the 5% to 12% sales tax.

Clv22p

Reaction score
Its still the bargain of the vehicles with a Hellcat engine. Its a truck with all the beefy suspension and drivetrain at it still starts less than a Trackhawk or Hellcat Durango did. Its roughly the same price as a Hellcat Charger or Challenger.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

I still haven't figured out their rhyme or reason for what they charge you guys in import fees and taxes. It's never the same amount. At times they charge nothing at all.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Record profits for Ram last year. They and other companies are taking advantage of the supply chain issues and raising prices beyond the actual material cost increases and we are all paying for it. Ouch.
It's gotten crazy. I just paid more to have a sheet of 1/8" steel shipped from my laser cutter than I paid for a sheet of 1/4", 3/16" and 1/8" steel all in the same shipment last month. It's out of control.

agjr85

Reaction score
I was looking at purchasing a RAM again and when I built out my truck it was $12K more then when I purchased it in 2019.
Looks like they seperated a lot of the included features in the sub packages and slam you with 2-3 k per package.
Fkn' absurd.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was looking at purchasing a RAM again and when I built out my truck it was $12K more then when I purchased it in 2019.
Looks like they seperated a lot of the included features in the sub packages and slam you with 2-3 k per package.
Fkn' absurd.
Yeah makes me wish I would’ve kept my 2019 rebel. I’m looking for a truck again as well. I can’t justify spending $60k or more on a truck, I don’t care how nice it is lol that’s way too much money in a vehicle. Even $50k makes me nauseous, especially for how little you get now. I bought my 2019 rebel new for $43k!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/