5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the memory feature be reset to default?

Saints

Reaction score
I’ve had the truck for a week and everything was fine until I set up the memory feature. Now the NAV doesn’t know where I am and when I put it in reverse the backup cam comes up, but when I put it in anything else, drive, neutral, park the screen goes blank and I have to turn the power button on/off to get it to come back on. This all started just after programming the memory feature. I did try to pull both battery cables to see if I could reset it and it worked fine for a day, but now back to the same behavior. So less than a week of ownership it’s already going in for service.

Another thing I just noticed is there is a scratch on the windshield, 260 miles on it and a damn scratch right in my line of sight. It’s about an inch long and vertical so I don’t think it came from the wipers. It is only visible in direct sun, but you can feel it with your fingernail and I can’t stand a dirty windshield. It must have come from the factory like that as I haven’t been driving it a whole lot waiting to go get PPF and ceramic put on.

Anyway enough of the rant, does anyone know how to disable the memory feature?

Saints

Reaction score
I just removed the negative battery cable for about an hour and everything is back to normal. I’ll updated if it goes downhill again.

Users who are viewing this thread