5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone with a Limited Longhorn do me a quick favor?

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Thinking of ordering one given the lack of options on the Laramie right now.

One thing that I noticed in the pictures is a seam on the seat bolster.

I had a car with an odd bolster one time, drove me NUTS to sit in it.

I drove the F150 and the seam really irirated my leg.

Nothing local to check out unfortunately.

It is hard to see in the pictures.....can you take a close one or just report back on how bad the "bump" is where that seam is?

Attached is a picture of the F150 for reference.

You don't have to tell me that I'm crazy. I already know.

Attachments

• ford.jpg
    ford.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 72

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thinking of ordering one given the lack of options on the Laramie right now.

One thing that I noticed in the pictures is a seam on the seat bolster.

I had a car with an odd bolster one time, drove me NUTS to sit in it.

I drove the F150 and the seam really irirated my leg.

Nothing local to check out unfortunately.

It is hard to see in the pictures.....can you take a close one or just report back on how bad the "bump" is where that seam is?

Attached is a picture of the F150 for reference.

You don't have to tell me that I'm crazy. I already know.

No such animal as a limited longhorn.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure what you're looking for or feeling but nothing annoying about the bolsters

20200725_113921.jpg

20200725_115337.jpg

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Not sure what you're looking for or feeling but nothing annoying about the bolsters

View attachment 87357

View attachment 87358
It is this seam right here that I am worried about. Does it have this “piping” that extrudes the way the Ford does?

I just realized something. Is the same seats in the regular limited? If so, I could easily just gonna drive one of those locally.

Attachments

• A9702623-862E-4D76-A7F2-7F2A27618052.jpeg
    A9702623-862E-4D76-A7F2-7F2A27618052.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 59

NWRogue

Reaction score
I think the seat shape on the Limited and Limited Longhorn are the same, except for the colors and stitching. The bolsters should be the same. I do not notice any discomfort from the bolsters. I always wear Wrangler jeans or 5.11 shorts, so no Dockers or suit pants, so not sure what it would be like with lighter material pants.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like the stitching pattern is the same as on my Laramie, with the exception that the inner portion of the bolster is suede. I looked at the F-150 photo and I would say that seat has a much more pronounced and raised stitch area. I've never felt the stitching on my, but then again I might have more 'meat-on-the-seat.'

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 047907 miles.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed with @BowDown; there’s no raised piping to “grab” you. They stitched it in a groove such that the top of the bolster is flush or even protrudes beyond the piping and stitching.

image.jpg

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
It looks like the stitching pattern is the same as on my Laramie, with the exception that the inner portion of the bolster is suede. I looked at the F-150 photo and I would say that seat has a much more pronounced and raised stitch area. I've never felt the stitching on my, but then again I might have more 'meat-on-the-seat.'

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 047907 miles.
Hey man that’s really helpful! I get it now, same as the Laramie that I drove/wish I could get. It’s the color contrast that made it look like the Ford

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It is this seam right here that I am worried about. Does it have this “piping” that extrudes the way the Ford does?

I just realized something. Is the same seats in the regular limited? If so, I could easily just gonna drive one of those locally.
Limiteds and longhorns have the same seats, just different color options

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Compared to my 13 f150 seats, the limited seats are heaven.
Plus no more plastic gouging the back of my calf like on the F150

Users who are viewing this thread