5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Someone Explain....

Reaction score
Okay, I'm on the fence about buying a new Ram. I can't quite get one the exact way I want one, so I had decided to wait and see what 2022 would bring. Turns out, they're restricting options and packages even more in 2022, so if I want one, it's either buy one now, or wait and see what happens for 2023...sheesh.

But it raises yet another dilemma, because I see 2022 production is starting.

So how does that work? Can I no longer get a 2021 model "built"? Or am I stuck with what the dealers have already bought?

I just don't know how the process works.

Funny, I waited my whole life to be in the position where I could just walk into a place and buy a $60,000 vehicle and drive it home, but the mere possibility is only stressing me out lol.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ram stopped taking 2021 orders on 5/5/21, and started taking 2022 orders on 5/6/21. They're finishing the last 2021's now, and will roll into 2022's in the next few days. So the answer to your question is, the only 2021's you'll get are from dealer inventories (or the open market). If you want to order a truck now, it will be a 2022 with whatever options Ram feels like allowing at the moment. There's a chance you can find a previously-ordered 2022 (from a dealer order) that will have what you want...but that would be waiting for production just like all of the customer orders are.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And yes, it sucks big-time right now. Your options are to either over-pay for a truck that's on the lot (and may or may not have what you want), or order a truck and wait 4-6 months (that may or may not have what you want). It's not a Ram-specific problem, it's an industry-wide problem.

Users who are viewing this thread