5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I remove Telematics module, Uconnect box?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I've let my Uconnect free trial expire. What now? Can I remove the Telematics module or Uconnect box? Are they one and the same? What all does it/them do? Will I lose GPS and compass for the nav? Bluetooth? Will the mere absence throw error codes? Seeking clarity and maybe to get rid of useless parasitic current drain.

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I've let my Uconnect free trial expire. What now? Can I remove the Telematics module or Uconnect box? Are they one and the same? What all does it/them do? Will I lose GPS and compass for the nav? Bluetooth? Will the mere absence throw error codes? Seeking clarity and maybe to get rid of useless parasitic current drain.
Telematics and uconnect modules are separate but they work together. From my understanding you will loose(if you have) emergency contact, auto crash notification, online navigation search and other connected services. As for Bluetooth or compass they should work fine but still they would have to be programmed to work with out telematic module.
I would leave it. Don't mess with it. You may get error codes.
In this time everything is connected with computers and disconecting one may cause other problems.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread