5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I put the 22” night edition wheels/tires on my truck with no modifications?

805bruin

Reaction score
Someone locally is selling these wheels/tires and I’ve always wanted these on my 2019 1500 Limited with air suspension. Now that I need new tires was thinking of maybe getting these as price wise it’s not too far off from what buying new tires on their own would be.

My question is would these be able to go on the truck as is? My car currently has the stock 20” wheels and tires.

Also - we sometimes do light towing of a small trailer. Would the 22” be a real performance problem for towing over the 20”?

I know very little about wheels and tires and compatibility- thanks for your help!

E953D0E9-41FF-48EF-810B-D70345345377.png

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Shouldn’t be an issue. Tires will be the only future issue. 22’s tend to be more expensive and you will have to run the lower profile tire than what comes on the 20’s to eliminate rubbing issues. Lower profile tires run hotter, thus wear out faster. They have less sidewall so they are less protective of the wheel if you hit something and tend to be a little louder going down the road. Nothing huge, just things to think about. I have 22’s and have no regrets.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They will 100% as you can get those on your truck without any additional adjustments from the factory.
IMO don't do it.
I have the 22s and you just have nothing for sidewall, even worse then the 20s.

How much are they selling for, and I assume with the tires too?

Nels

Reaction score
I really like the 22" night edition wheels too, but I want to stay with 20". I've spent a couple of hours on google and custom offsets looking for a similar aftermarket in 20". Can't set search parameters to say "looks like Ram" so it's taking hours to look through them. Anyone aware of such a wheel?

805bruin

Reaction score
Shouldn’t be an issue. Tires will be the only future issue. 22’s tend to be more expensive and you will have to run the lower profile tire than what comes on the 20’s to eliminate rubbing issues. Lower profile tires run hotter, thus wear out faster. They have less sidewall so they are less protective of the wheel if you hit something and tend to be a little louder going down the road. Nothing huge, just things to think about. I have 22’s and have no regrets.
Thanks for the feedback and insight. Really helpful.

805bruin

Reaction score
They will 100% as you can get those on your truck without any additional adjustments from the factory.
IMO don't do it.
I have the 22s and you just have nothing for sidewall, even worse then the 20s.

How much are they selling for, and I assume with the tires too?
Thanks for the input. They are selling for $1600 for wheels and tires.

Phoon

Reaction score
22's and 20's on all of the 5th gen rams can be used interchangeably. I have run both on my trucks, and the on-road comfort and performance are totally unchanged. I am picky about how my vehicles drive, and the sidewall does not make a discernable difference on the street. Off road the 22's will obviously not be good- but i think they look great on a street truck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. They are selling for $1600 for wheels and tires.
Decent deal assuming no damage to the wheels and decent tread left.

The tires are $250-315 each, wheels are $700 each if you bought new for some reason, which for that price you can get almost anything else.
500-2k is pretty typical for em.

Can always resell if you don't like.

Users who are viewing this thread