5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone help me with this noise?

jayhawk

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I have 2020 Ram 1500 with 50,000 miles and I need some help with the noise I hear from my car from time to time.

As you can hear from the video, it seems like its a exhaust manifold leak like many have experienced with the 5th gen ram.

However, for me, it just happens randomly and after shutting the car and restarting it, it magically goes away and stays that way until the next occurence. So far I have experienced it once last winter, once this summer and just few days ago.

When it happened this summer, I took it to the dealership with the video with similar sound with the ones I attached in this post, and the service advisor instantly told me it was the exhaust manifold. However, they kept my car for two days and told me they could not replicate the sound so they wont be able to perform the warranty work on my car.

Now, I am hearing the noise again with cold weather, and my powertrain warranty is expiring next month, Im worried about the issue.

I appreciate whatever help you guys can provide.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!
I have 2020 Ram 1500 with 50,000 miles and I need some help with the noise I hear from my car from time to time.

As you can hear from the video, it seems like its a exhaust manifold leak like many have experienced with the 5th gen ram.

However, for me, it just happens randomly and after shutting the car and restarting it, it magically goes away and stays that way until the next occurence. So far I have experienced it once last winter, once this summer and just few days ago.

When it happened this summer, I took it to the dealership with the video with similar sound with the ones I attached in this post, and the service advisor instantly told me it was the exhaust manifold. However, they kept my car for two days and told me they could not replicate the sound so they wont be able to perform the warranty work on my car.

Now, I am hearing the noise again with cold weather, and my powertrain warranty is expiring next month, Im worried about the issue.

I appreciate whatever help you guys can provide.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like an exhaust leak, could be cracked manifold`s or a broken stud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back