5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling All Pulsar Users!

Bobbybob

Reaction score
I am looking for input on the Pulsar. I have read a few things here and there on this site, but all the threads seem to go off in different directions. LOL. Have a '20 Ram and see this thing is now going for $560!

So looking for feedback on the following:
  • If you tow, what is the most significant difference when pulling?
  • What has been the most positive thing for you (post-install)?
  • What has been the most negative thing for you (post-install)?
  • Any issues with the truck after installing it?
  • If you were to buy again, at the current $500+ price tag, would you do it? Why?
Thanks a ton for any input.

D

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I will preface my response by saying I do not currently have a Pulsar installed, but will explain that in a moment.

1) The heaviest thing I towed when I had it was a 8x10 trailer loaded with landscape stone, so it may not be the input you are looking for, but I didn't notice any difference in the truck's capability in this regard with or without the Pulsar.
2) My two favorite things about the Pulsar are the additional pep it gives the truck, and the MDS disable.
3) The only negative I encountered was the reason I do not currently have a Pulsar: It doesn't work correctly with the Ram GT. It was fantastic on my '20 Ram, but Edge hasn't done enough testing (or any?) with the GT's shifter package, and it always wanted to default to manual shift.
4) No issues, with my previous Ram. In fact, I liked some of the other options it offered.
5) If I knew Edge had completed R&D with the GT, I would absolutely buy one today. I'm not ready to deal with any dealer BS that would come with taking my Ram in for an emergency warranty repair while I might have an unlocked PCM/tuner installed - the Pulsar can be removed in minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread