5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all olive green

irod

Reaction score
Hello! Seems this is an older thread but I've been shopping for a RAM 1500 for the past couple of months. I previously owned an 07' and still own a 2010 with 245k miles and still drive it every day to work. I was only looking at the silver or gray night edition laramies. I had NO idea this shade of green was even made by RAM until I ran into it on youtube on someones 2500. I cannot for the life of me understand why they got rid of this color, it is honestly the best color I've seen on a RAM. All those years with neon and forest green then they make the best possible color and immediately take it away. We should start a petition with chrysler!! Anyway I found this 1500 Laramie in Missouri and had to fly from Houston to Kansas City and then drive it back down 14 hours the day before thanksgiving!! I am now a proud 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie in olive green pearlescent owner as well as a 5thGenRams member.
I was thinking of turning it into a night edition but now i'm thinking to do everything like the night edition minus the grille and applique portions.
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20221123_105612.jpg
    20221123_105612.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 74
  • 20221123_105559.jpg
    20221123_105559.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 74

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Hello! Seems this is an older thread but I've been shopping for a RAM 1500 for the past couple of months. I previously owned an 07' and still own a 2010 with 245k miles and still drive it every day to work. I was only looking at the silver or gray night edition laramies. I had NO idea this shade of green was even made by RAM until I ran into it on youtube on someones 2500. I cannot for the life of me understand why they got rid of this color, it is honestly the best color I've seen on a RAM. All those years with neon and forest green then they make the best possible color and immediately take it away. We should start a petition with chrysler!! Anyway I found this 1500 Laramie in Missouri and had to fly from Houston to Kansas City and then drive it back down 14 hours the day before thanksgiving!! I am now a proud 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie in olive green pearlescent owner as well as a 5thGenRams member.
I was thinking of turning it into a night edition but now i'm thinking to do everything like the night edition minus the grille and applique portions.
What do you guys think?
Just get some new wheels and tires and call it a day. Not much else you can do to a already good looking truck. A lift does look better also but if your counting mpg's it's not a good idea, as it kills it dramatically unless it's a diesel.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you guys think?
Congrats and welcome. Yep this is rare color for a ram. Have yet to run into another one in my area, i get complements all the time. I only did a level kit on mine, and 33's

JBV

Reaction score
i was totally hot for this colour when i custom ordered mine early in 21. 6 months later they told me it was discontinued and unavailable. i was bummed. i now have my Ram and it's awesome, and i do like the patriot blue, but i would much rather have had the olive still. i bet that colour will hide scratches and dirt way better and looks great and unique, and not as scorching hot in the sun. i have had silver vehicles for so long i needed a change, but man, i should have got the silver. dark blue has a lot of downsides unless it's freshly washed. i wouldn't change a thing, that's an awesome looking truck.

Aaron_Y

Reaction score
i was totally hot for this colour when i custom ordered mine early in 21. 6 months later they told me it was discontinued and unavailable. i was bummed. i now have my Ram and it's awesome, and i do like the patriot blue, but i would much rather have had the olive still. i bet that colour will hide scratches and dirt way better and looks great and unique, and not as scorching hot in the sun. i have had silver vehicles for so long i needed a change, but man, i should have got the silver. dark blue has a lot of downsides unless it's freshly washed. i wouldn't change a thing, that's an awesome looking truck.
Since the photo, I've shaved the emblems on the door and the tailgate, blacked out all other emblems. Ceramic coated the whole truck and had ceramic tint put on all the glass including a light tint on the windshield. The ceramic tint rejects 97% of heat and protects the interior.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Since the photo, I've shaved the emblems on the door and the tailgate, blacked out all other emblems. Ceramic coated the whole truck and had ceramic tint put on all the glass including a light tint on the windshield. The ceramic tint rejects 97% of heat and protects the interior.
How much for that tint?

Aaron_Y

Reaction score
$200 for the windshield, $100 for the front door windows, $80 for the rear doors, $100 for the rear glass and slider.

Johnp313

Reaction score
Love that color, don’t think I’ve even seen one in person, odd considering metro Detroit area every other pickup is a ram

Aaron_Y

Reaction score
Truck is dirty but shots of it debadged. The hood bezel was tough to get off but once the first clip yielded, the rest were short lived.

Attachments

• PXL_20230205_230047441.jpg
    PXL_20230205_230047441.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20230205_225944032.jpg
    PXL_20230205_225944032.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20230205_230026558.jpg
    PXL_20230205_230026558.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 66

GTLimited

Reaction score
Truck is dirty but shots of it debadged. The hood bezel was tough to get off but once the first clip yielded, the rest were short lived.
nice work - now time to debadge the LEER vinyl and cheap domed badging on the cap.

Users who are viewing this thread