5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabin air noise shows up, then disappears

Denny Crane

Reaction score
Hi All,
My 2019 1500 is usually generally very quiet inside. But on occasion (maybe 3-4 times an hour on long drives) it sounds like a rushing air noise pops up, over by the front passenger side dash or post.

After about a minute it just stops suddenly, quiet as can be.

I thought it might be the noise cancellation “recalibrating”, but on a recent trip I notice it coincided with a noticeable air pressure change in my ears. I can’t tell which came first, the noise or the pressure change.

Any ideas?

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Mine does it as well. There is a thread on it that leaves me to believe there is no known solution. Please let me know if you learn otherwise

BigHerm611

Reaction score
I have that same issue as well. Haven’t brought it in, but been checking online sources for solutions. So far I haven’t come across any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XmikeX

Reaction score
Mark down one more with the same occurrence going on. I thought it was wind outside but it happened at low speeds and noticed it sounded like a loud whoosh of air for 5/10 seconds then silence.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also have the same issue, but it didn’t start until I had a hvac software update done on my truck that “fixed” an issue with the blend doors causing poor ac performance.

I also have an issue where the ac compressor will turn on randomly even if the cabin temps are set higher than outside temps which cause extremely cold air to come out of the vents for a minute or two. Adjusting the temp up doesn’t stop it either. I think there is a moisture sensor in the cab and it’s trying to dry out the air but I’m not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread