5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buzzing Speaker

PARAM2019

Reaction score
I have a 2020 eco diesel Bighorn. Purchased it used a couple months ago. We love it but it has a couple things still to work out.

Drivers side door speaker buzzing. I really am not ready to upgrade them (I’m not a huge music guy)
Is this something I should fix myself or try to have it done under warranty?
Where could I get a stock speaker?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Drivers side door speaker buzzing. I really am not ready to upgrade them (I’m not a huge music guy)
Is this something I should fix myself or try to have it done under warranty?
Where could I get a stock speaker?

By buzzing, I'm interpreting that to mean distorted or loose rattle, i.e. mechanical problem with the speaker, rather than electronic problem with the amp/radio. One of the most common causes of automotive speaker failure is a warped or torn cone caused by moisture getting into door.

If it *is* under warranty, it shouldn't be difficult for a dealer to fix with OEM part.

If you're fairly handy, it shouldn't be too hard to replace a speaker. You'll probably want to acquire an appropriate door trim tool. While you're at it, you might want to check for signs of water intrusion, looking to fix whatever you find.

Of course the stock speaker should be available from dealer or one of the RAM affiliated online sites. Probably pricey.

Or post a wanted in the buy/sell forum on here. Someone who's done an upgrade might have original speakers lying around, that they can part with for a reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread