5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buzzing Sound from Dash

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 Laramie with the Harmon Kardon sound system. When I get on the freeway I get a buzzing sound from the right side of the dash, near the windshield. It doesn't always happen, but almost sounds like a speaker buzz.

Should I just take it into the dealer for warranty?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Would be very hard to give you an accurate diagnosis over this forum, especially without audio/video of the issue. I'd suggest swinging it by the dealer to see what they can find. That will probably get you the fastest resolution.

Last edited:
I know this is a longshot, but last week I started to experience the same thing on the drivers side - it about drove me nuts. After several days of this, I finally discovered that the visor was detached from its clip, but was touching it. So, every time I had the slightest bump, it would vibrate. Pushed into place and all is good.

Also check to make sure there is nothing in the sunglass compartment up by the rearview mirror. My wifes car developed a rattle we couldn't find. Took it to the dealer and the first thing the tech did was open that compartment, remove the sunglasses - problem solved. Felt like an idiot!

Hope you find the source - rattles and buzzing can drive you crazy, and are so hard to track down.

Ramlt,

Did you ever figure out what was happening? I just started experiencing this a couple of days ago in my 2022 Laramie with the HK system. It only does it once I‘m at highway speeds and it’s really annoying. I have to crank the radio up to drown it out.

Check the cowl for leaves

Ramlt,

Did you ever figure out what was happening? I just started experiencing this a couple of days ago in my 2022 Laramie with the HK system. It only does it once I‘m at highway speeds and it’s really annoying. I have to crank the radio up to drown it out.
It kind of just went away on its own. So, I imagine something was caught, like a leaf, in a cowling or some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back