5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bumpy Ride at 20-30 on Smooth Roads

Koniczech

Reaction score
Hey all,
I've been scouting out Ram trucks for a while now and am aiming to buy a 3/4 ton soon for a flatbed camper setup. A few months ago, I drove a 3500 dually for about a week for work and enjoyed the feel of the truck. Yesterday, I test drove a 2020 Ram 2500 Crew Long Box SRW Gas with Off Road package that was certified pre-owned and noticed that the truck felt like it was going over a mild washboard when rolling at 20-30mph on smooth roads in town. I was driving 2WD at the time, and have never experienced that overall vibration feeling before in a pickup at this speed... on smooth roads nonetheless.
When I took the truck back to the dealer, he told me that the truck's vibration is totally normal because of the coil springs (and the off road upgraded suspension should actually prevent some of that vibration,) but otherwise "all Ram pickups feel like that because of the springs and vibration of the engine"
For all of you on the forum... am I crazy to think that this truck shouldn't feel bumpy at this speed? Think of that feeling when you drive over thick road stripes; very minor but noticeable if you're feeling it consistently for a while.
Love the truck but can't get over the feeling that "all Ram pickups" will vibrate like that.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s totally not true - at least in my experience.

That said, you’re talking about an HD Ram. This forum is for the 1500 DT models, so there may be differences. I suggest heading over the sister forum, www.HDRams.com.

Users who are viewing this thread