5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built by a Builder Laramie

Savvv

Reaction score
Morning everyone, yesterday was another one of those long-awaited days we’ve mostly all been through. Placed an order back in October of ‘21 and it was a nice Valentine’s Day gift to myself.

60a36d6be6097b10ba13fe8f0afddcfd.jpg

She’s a 4x4 Laramie EcoDiesel in the Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl w/ the Night Edition, air suspension, tow package, sunroof, RamBox, and multi-function tail gate…among a couple other odds and ends. I think the one and only semi-regret is not doing the Advanced Safety Group but only to obtain the 360° view cameras. Everything else in that package I would have been looking to disable.

Anywho, I’m a home builder, and the diesel was the ideal choice being on the road from job site to job site to vendor to wherever. I come from the VW/Audi community and in the past life (pre-marriage and kids) built this:

And then recently before I left my last company I was in a slightly modified R-Line Tiguan.

af2365e42626abb1260112211eea2d73.jpg

I’ve got a few things planned for this truck and will keep it in this thread. I’m an F1 fan and like long walks on the beach. Enjoy your day!

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice truck! I am usually not a fan of white, but that combination looks particularly good!

Savvv

Reaction score
Nice truck! I am usually not a fan of white, but that combination looks particularly good!

I’ve been a black car guy for a long time so this was definitely a big deviation for me. But, I see so many black on black Rams around here that I had to try something different. I actually wanted Olive Green Pearl but they discontinued it for ‘22. Oh well.

Savvv

Reaction score
Managed to have some time yesterday to do a wheel/tire swap. Picked up from TireRack a set of 20” KMC wheels and Blizzak DM-V2 snow tires. Will swap the OEM 22” set back on in April once the roads are cleaned up.

783a5ccaf260f4f22c7ef05204960c2a.jpg

U

User_67930

Congrats on the new Ram!

Also, very nice MK4 Jetta, I'm a VW guy also (y)

Klicht87

Reaction score
Cool, same as mine. Except I don't have the eco-diesel. Picture of the front with the Mopar deflector and Reflective concepts decals...in case you need ideas

Attachments

• image0 (29).jpeg
    image0 (29).jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 38

Savvv

Reaction score
Sweet! The reflective decals I presume you’re referring to the RAM lettering in the front grille? Definitely draws your eyes into the center area and I don’t hate it. Coming from the euro world everything was about cleaning up lines and distractions and I’m torn on this truck as to what stays and what goes, and what changes to make.

Couple Amazon packages showed up today. Got an organizer tray for the upper center console compartment, some silver aluminum knob covers for the center HVAC and radio controls, and a tempered glass cover for the touchscreen.

81a95900146b6394813c483b8f933315.jpg

ef3441a3061cf16f8493a88a515ae927.jpg

Savvv

Reaction score
My LaminX order came in. Went with Tint on the headlights and Gunsmoke on the fog lights. Also did the clear material on the door handle cups and fuel door. I bought Gunsmoke tail light covers but botched the first attempt. Learned that you’ll want to install from the tailgate vertically and work your way around the light top and bottom simultaneously. I tried going from the top down and it was a no go. Heat gun definitely required. Will get a photo of the tails when my replacement piece shows up. Photo for now, she’s a little salty.

03b2121a8dbcf55f0050c968fa4fdb4e.jpg

And before for reference:

6b8fd85f0a23e90c13d5521f332d6b27.jpg

Also, the dealer said that since I went with trailer tow mirrors, a function of the power folding mirrors won’t work like it does on the non-trailer style. I’d like for the mirrors to fold in whenever you lock the truck. Is there a means to fix the coding so that these respond to locking the vehicle?

Savvv

Reaction score
Little update as we are at about 2 months of ownership. About to turn 10k miles (probably tomorrow) and had my first oil service. Here’s a look at her so far:

f27acac2b8c768f623ee3d70953948c2.jpg

94bf31ffb05ae8505af484241fcc929f.jpg

Had 70% ceramic tint applied to the rear windows and then 20% on the fronts. Found a set of flares I liked and threw those on. Then added 2” wheel spacers to push out the OE 22s.

The ceramic tint makes such a noticeable difference in the summer time when it comes to heat gain from the sun as it’s drastically cut down. And while the spacers I bought claimed to fit OE wheels they were slightly large on the OD of the hub lip so I had a local machine shop take a few thousandths off with their lathe.

Next up and last on the list I think will be some rack storage solution. And then that’s it, as of course messing with the diesel will flag the VIN and blow the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online