5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Build Quality

A4Owner

Reaction score
Stellantis builds these in Mexico right? I would assume quality is much better than the stuff built locally? Yes/Np? Any Gen 4 to Gen 5 owners with miles?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nope not yet in the land of tacos (booth the food and tacomas)

but if the union keep insisting on something unrealistic then yes, it will be built there

23RAM

Reaction score
Stellantis builds these in Mexico right? I would assume quality is much better than the stuff built locally? Yes/Np? Any Gen 4 to Gen 5 owners with miles?
No, they're assembled in Michigan. Some of the parts, wiring harnesses, etc., are made in Mexico and other countries, and then shipped to the assembly plant in Michigan to build the truck.
Same thing for Chev, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, KIA, etc.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From my window sticker…..

02880CC4-EFD6-4608-B5D6-33F510F016FD.jpeg

23RAM

Reaction score
So the engines are made in Mexico? My window sticker doesn't say anything about assembly or parts sourcing...dang CDN importers. But so far my RAM has been excellent...so not sure quality is an issue. Mine was built at the end of the 2022 model year so the bugs and defects were worked out by then.

Is this an issue? I know the Mexican plants are made to high quality standards, and parts are built to manufacturer specs. I'd be more concerned about "drunk Friday" in the Michigan plant than made in Mexico.
😁

A4Owner

Reaction score
I guess my point is there was a time where Chrysler and quality weren't used in the same sentence too often. Are Rams now the superior quality brand? I heard GM and Ford are just junk these days. Did you guys hear that 7.3 liter Ford engine literally shreds itself after 20,000 miles.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I guess my point is there was a time where Chrysler and quality weren't used in the same sentence too often. Are Rams now the superior quality brand? I heard GM and Ford are just junk these days. Did you guys hear that 7.3 liter Ford engine literally shreds itself after 20,000 miles.
Everything sucks now.
Ram isn't any worse then them but has their share of problems.
I don't think GM or Ford has a leaky rear window that renders the truck unable to be turned on until parts are replaced, but GM goes through more engine lifters then Ram for sure.

View attachment 166349
Mine said the same thing

Is this an issue? I know the Mexican plants are made to high quality standards, and parts are built to manufacturer specs. I'd be more concerned about "drunk Friday" in the Michigan plant than made in Mexico.
😁
Any country has bad and high end plants. Some stuff from China is better then we make here in the states, but other times it's the lowest quality possible.
Either way it's out of everyone's control where they are built so just cross you fingers.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
So the engines are made in Mexico? My window sticker doesn't say anything about assembly or parts sourcing...dang CDN importers. But so far my RAM has been excellent...so not sure quality is an issue. Mine was built at the end of the 2022 model year so the bugs and defects were worked out by then.

😁
canada has different rules as does the rest of the world where these trucks are sent

Users who are viewing this thread