5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BTS Vinyl cloth seat review?

TxAg98

Reaction score
For those that have bought the Built to Serve trucks, what's your impression of the vinyl/cloth seats? I know most leather seats are just leather on the seating surfaces and vinyl everywhere else. Does it seem cheap? Durable? Are the seats as comfy as the deluxe cloth or the Laramie leather? Found a good price on one about 2 hours away.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The built to serve seats are very similar to the Rebels vinyl seats with cloth inserts. To that, they look and feel quality and very comfortable. In terms of looks, I've gotten more positive responses from the looks of my seats than any full leather seats on any other vehicle I've owned.

The only issue I have with them is the cloth inserts are fabric of course, so I'm really anal about sitting on them dirty (dirt, dust, etc.) that I wouldn't think twice about with full leather or vinyl. It's more a mental thing, the material itself is good quality and easy to clean (Amoral all-purpose cleaning wipes are amazing on fabric).

Kenny4

Reaction score
I just drove a 2021 Bighorn 80 miles on Deluxe bucket seats that I paid $600 extra for and it was miserably uncomfortable. Stiff as a board and made both my hips ache. Now looking for seat covers that may remedy the situation.

Fish4Anything

Reaction score
I've got a BTS. The seats look good and are very comfortable. I'm concerned about the cloth insert as well. I got a quote for katzkin today and I'm really contemplating having them installed. The one thing holding me back is that the styling is real good on the BTS seats. I certainly don't want it to hurt resale. Even the sales guy for the Katzkin seats said "You want to replace these? I've got people asking me to replicate in leather." I'm undecided but if I have to protect them with seat covers I guess what's the point.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very similar to rebel as noted above. Loved the seats on the Rebel. Not as comfortable as leather but I was okay with it until I saw crack in vinyl within year. I also read about a few others having cracks in rebel seat. Bottom line I went with 2 tone katzkin with matching Piping and contrast stitching to give custom look and look like it came in the rebel.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread