5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brightest Lightbar for 22' 1500

Dex17

Reaction score
So in the market for a lightbar. Looking to hide it behind the grill, much like how Rough Country's has it shown for their lightbar on the Ram 1500 DT. Just curious though if Rough Country's is the way to go or is there another lightbar out there that is better or brighter? I live in the country and go down back roads to and from work between 4-5am. Almost hit bambi everyday so want something to really light up the road. Thanks

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So in the market for a lightbar. Looking to hide it behind the grill, much like how Rough Country's has it shown for their lightbar on the Ram 1500 DT. Just curious though if Rough Country's is the way to go or is there another lightbar out there that is better or brighter? I live in the country and go down back roads to and from work between 4-5am. Almost hit bambi everyday so want something to really light up the road. Thanks
What trim is your truck?

brawler1588

Reaction score
What size is the rough country one?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bighorn. No parking sensors but have the see thru grill installed.
Ok, I'm not much help then (I only know about fit-ups for the Rebel/TRX style grille). But on a side note, if you're interested in seeing the deer on the side of the road as well (before they're all up in your grill), take a look at this ditch-light substitute. Instead of the obnoxious pods at the base corners of your windshield, Oracle makes a set that gets integrated into your mirrors. They're working on a trailer tow mirror version as well, which I'll probably buy when it comes out.

Dex17

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not much help then (I only know about fit-ups for the Rebel/TRX style grille). But on a side note, if you're interested in seeing the deer on the side of the road as well (before they're all up in your grill), take a look at this ditch-light substitute. Instead of the obnoxious pods at the base corners of your windshield, Oracle makes a set that gets integrated into your mirrors. They're working on a trailer tow mirror version as well, which I'll probably buy when it comes out.

Ay sweet. Definitely look into them. Thanks

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ay sweet. Definitely look into them. Thanks
I'm not a shill, just passing the information along. If you're interested in them, Oracle has a sitewide sale going on right now. Now through Dec. 3rd use the code: CYBERWEEK15 for 15% off on all products.

brawler1588

Reaction score
If the space allows it the baja onx6+ is probably on of the brightest I have used.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
The 30" Black Oak Led Light Bar is almost triple the power of the Baja Light. I just got the Double Row 30" with 5 watt Osram Led's and it puts out 300 Watts vs Baja 120 and 33,000 Lumens vs Baja 12,500. As soon as my mesh grille comes in I will get it installed.
1000008779.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 30" Black Oak Led Light Bar is almost triple the power of the Baja Light. I just got the Double Row 30" with 5 watt Osram Led's and it puts out 300 Watts vs Baja 120 and 33,000 Lumens vs Baja 12,500. As soon as my mesh grille comes in I will get it installed.
View attachment 174088
idk what spec you are looking at for 30" BD that only puts out 120W and 12500 lumens...

but this one puts out nearly the same as that chinese bar with a single row

even with a lower cost S8 it still puts out 19000 lumens and pushes 180w

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RC is definitely not the way to go.

if you want something that's built for legit offroad use and trusted by desert racers that go 100MPH+ in the desert, Baja Design is your best choice.

Go with OnX6 if you can spend a bit more, else the S8 is a more budget option. Pair that bar with the brackets from @Shifts And Grins Fab with a quality switch system and you're golden.

Also, FYI, if you want the throw behind the bumper is not the ideal location for it. For long distance throw you want it to be high up. I know our trucks don't really have a spot for high up so the SDHQ A-pillar brackets paired with a pair of BD XL Racers Edition for maximum throw distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online