5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brighter LED Accent Headlight

HookerPilot18

Reaction score
Is it possible to install a brighter led for the accent light around the headlights? Mine seems dimmer than what it should be. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is only option right now and it's required disassembly the whole headlight housing to install it.

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
This is only option right now and it's required disassembly the whole headlight housing to install it.

Thanks. From their Q&A section. $220 for something that is "slightly brighter" isn't worth it to me.
Is there somewhere that shows a before and after so I can see how much brighter the white light is than stock late

Unfortunately we do not have any media showing a before and after of the brightness level. Overall, the white on the new LED boards will be slightly brighter than the stock units, with the addition of full multicolor functionality.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to go the other way and be able to turn them off completely. We go to things like drive-ins and drive-through Christmas lights, and people whine about the accent strips. My wife's Pathfinder is even worse, those things are like headlights.

BlackLoneStarHemi

Reaction score
You dudes could have had the fantastic, old school, 1970's looking halogens like me!
I feel bad for y'all- and I am willing to swap if you would like :)

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to go the other way and be able to turn them off completely. We go to things like drive-ins and drive-through Christmas lights, and people whine about the accent strips. My wife's Pathfinder is even worse, those things are like headlights.

Tazer DT allows you to turn them off or switch the DRL to amber blinker, or fog lights.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tazer DT allows you to turn them off or switch the DRL to amber blinker, or fog lights.
Yeah, that's just a really expensive $280 (with the group buy) option though. I know it does other things, just trying to find another solution.

Users who are viewing this thread