5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Braking question (kind of)

Alarian

Reaction score
I have a question/problem I hope has an easy fix I'm missing. When I drive my 22 TRX off road, if I drive near a bush (within a foot or two) or drive through tall grass (in forward or reverse also even towing a trailer, the freeking truck will SLAM on the brakes and bring me to a stop. If I try to go again after a foot, it will slam them on again over and over. There has to be a way to turn this off.

Also, if I'm in the truck and I want to back up or drive forward a tiny bit (like lining up the trailer an inch or so) and leave the door open to either look back or just be able to get in and out quickly the truck won't go into gear AND it will set the emergency brake. Unless I close the door, it will not release the emergency brake or go into gear. It's driving me crazy. Is there a mode or setting I'm missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Littlejoe81

Reaction score
Turn front and rear park assist off. I'm use to backing into my driveway with the door open bc its narrow with the door open.... it slams on the brakes sometimes. My other vehicles are from the 90's so I don't have this problem. New technology can be a pain in the butt. I like basic.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As far as backing up with the door open, get a setbelt adapter. It clicks into your regular buckle, and tricks the system into thinking your selbelt is buckled. They sell them in different lengths, too. You can find them on amazon for cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread