5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake pads issue

T.lar.vlt

Reaction score
Hello. Os anyone ells got problem with there ram -19 that the rear brake pads is worn out? My truck is 8 months now and i have drove it for around 12000km now. On the rear axel the inner brakepad is totoly worn out. The outer is in good shape. It is same on both sides.
Anyone?

Ickabod

Reaction score
Hello. Os anyone ells got problem with there ram -19 that the rear brake pads is worn out? My truck is 8 months now and i have drove it for around 12000km now. On the rear axel the inner brakepad is totoly worn out. The outer is in good shape. It is same on both sides.
Anyone?
I wouldn't know as I had mine replaced last month for the brake noise issue.

brewdad

Reaction score
Anyone?
Wear items like brake pads & rotors, belts, hoses, wiper blades, etc are covered by 12 month/12,000 mile warranty.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It appears the rotors weren't centered in the calipers from what you're describing. I'd think they would be replaced under warranty because they weren't shimmed properly from the start.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone?
I have not had this issue on my ram but have had it happen before on a GMC. The slide pins need to be greased and are not allowing the inner pad to slide back out of the way. Your truck is way to new to have this issue and it should be covered by warranty.

Ickabod

Reaction score
Was yours part of a TSB or a seperate issue? I'm about on the last straw with my rear brakes squeaking.
My rear brakes were replaced under the TSB for the groaning noise while backing up. My front brakes and rotors were replaced last june/july for high pitch squealing at 20-40 mph.

tjgoumas

Reaction score
Npt anyone had problem with pads who warn out quick on rear axel?
Yes!! I have the same problem. The rear inners are wearing abnormally. I am sitting here at the shop right now ( dealership) where they are just as baffled. I am hearing that it has something to do with the park assist. Hear its a big known problem. If your getting a " Calibration Failure see owners manual" message once in a while or calibration failure it most definitely has something to do with it. I am sitting at the dealership and they are baffled as well, asking me if I do a lot of towing and the answer is 2 times less than a mile each way to drop my boat. I am furious because its definitely a problem that other have had as well. I took it to the dealership when I started to get these messages and they said it was nothing. Well nothing just cost me new inner and outer rear pads. The odd thing is its wearing the inner rears only abnormally. One side was 1.9 MM the other was 1 mm. the rear was also almost seized. So the answer was lube up the slide that operates the park assist and hopefully it will solve the problem. I"M Pissed off that I need anything brake related on a new truck with just turning 30k. I called my cousin who is a ram manager tech. He told me its a known problem and nothing has been done with Ram as of yet. If your getting a failed calibration message, do yourself a favor and get it up on a lift and check the inner rear pads! Its a problem and is believed to be a software causing issue. Then once fixed keep your eyes on it. This is a known problem!

tjgoumas

Reaction score
I have not had this issue on my ram but have had it happen before on a GMC. The slide pins need to be greased and are not allowing the inner pad to slide back out of the way. Your truck is way to new to have this issue and it should be covered by warranty.
Yeah I agree! I am at the dealership now bitching up a storm! Furious that Ram has not addressed the issue and we are not the only ones complaining, its a KNOWN ISSUE! The have done nothing but charge the consumer with perfect pads in the front and the outer rears in perfect shape. The inners ( Park Assist) are the problem- that are attached to the Park assist and calibration failure message see owners manual message. Ludicrous they know the issue is there and avoiding it!!!

tjgoumas

Reaction score
Same issue! Exactly same! Known issue and Ram has done nothing. No Bulletins, no recall etc. I'm pissed. passing the buck on bad software. Its the Park assist slide bar Pins. They need to be greased to hell to work right. Cost me new pads for the entire rear when only the inners were worm to the metal at 30k. One was actually seized up! 1.9mm and 1.0 mm. And they still charged me after making a stink!

tjgoumas

Reaction score
Same issue! Exactly same! Known issue and Ram has done nothing. No Bulletins, no recall etc. I'm pissed. passing the buck on bad software. Its the Park assist slide bar Pins. They need to be greased to hell to work right. Cost me new pads for the entire rear when only the inners were worm to the metal at 30k. One was actually seized up! 1.9mm and 1.0 mm. And they still charged me after making a stink!
Also the reason if your getting a " calibration failure see owners manual" message.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@tjgoumas Are you mad right now and bitching at the dealership? You have family that works for Ram, ***** at him.

If you want some help give us the details. Year, miles, trim and so on. As for the calibration issue, I think there was an update for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online