5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Both manifolds cracked, dealer has no date when they will come in.

dandar

Reaction score
I have Mopar extended warranty through next year so it's supposed to be covered. I've been waiting three months now on replacement. Meantime my truck sounds as if someone stole my catalytic converter. What is my recourse? Can I get aftermarket parts and have warranty cover them?

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as you. Third repair for this issue. I'm out of my Mopar extended warranty but the issue was reported prior to expiration. I've been waiting 6 months. I decided today to fix it myself. I'm sure there is no way that I'll get repaid for this but I will at least ask.

I went with the aftermarket BD Diesel kit, p/n 1041467, which is the full kit, both sides. They offer each side individually as well.

Ram/Stellantis/whomever is thousands of kits backordered for this very common problem. It is not at all clear when you can expect your parts to arrive. I'm wishing you the best if you decide to stick it out and wait for the warranty parts and service. I just can't deal with the truck sounding so terrible every time I start it!

I have Mopar extended warranty through next year so it's supposed to be covered. I've been waiting three months now on replacement. Meantime my truck sounds as if someone stole my catalytic converter. What is my recourse? Can I get aftermarket parts and have warranty cover them?
Parts are available. I'd be asking more questions your dealer about the delay

Parts are available. I'd be asking more questions your dealer about the delay
No they are not, supplier change and no parts at depots. Only 500 RH manifolds total in stock in dealerships. Dealerships are not selling. Many LH manifolds available about 3800 in dealerships.

No they are not, supplier change and no parts at depots. Only 500 RH manifolds total in stock in dealerships. Dealerships are not selling. Many LH manifolds available about 3800 in dealerships.
So parts ARE available, and you supported that. Dealers not willing to work with other dealers doesn't mean there aren't parts available

So parts ARE available, and you supported that. Dealers not willing to work with other dealers doesn't mean there aren't parts available
Why would a dealer sell a part that can't be ordered from the manufacturer? JFC you are arguing just to argue. THE PARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO ORDER FROM THE MANUFACTURER, NONE IN STOCK AT DEPOTS. Do you understand that? Dealers are correct on saying they are on back order with no ETA.

Why would a dealer sell a part that can't be ordered from the manufacturer? JFC you are arguing just to argue. THE PARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO ORDER FROM THE MANUFACTURER, NONE IN STOCK AT DEPOTS. Do you understand that? Dealers are correct on saying they are on back order with no ETA.
Says there are none available, proceeds to give inventory numbers of available parts. Seems the one arguing just to argue

Says there are none available, proceeds to give inventory numbers of available parts. Seems the one arguing just to argue
I did not give you a number of parts available, you are an ASSuming they are available. I gave you numbers of parts in the dealer network. THERE ARE ZERO PARTS AVAILABLE IN THE DEPOTS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back