5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Exhaust in North Orlando Area

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking for anyone interested in letting me check out the sound of their Borla Sport and Borla Touring for the Hemi. I've heard some say the Touring is too loud for their liking, while others say the Sport is perfect. My old 2006 Silverado with the 5.3 had just the Touring muffler, not the entire cat back, and it sounded great with no drone. I asked Borla if their was anything comparable and they recommended the full catback Touring. I guess, with the resonators, the sound will be different with just a muffler swap, than the entire system.

I'm now questioning if the Sport might be the better system, but I want to make sure I'm not going "too loud" since many have commented on it.

What do you have? Are you north of Orlando in Apopka, Altamonte Springs, Lake Mary area? Can I hear your exhaust to make a better decision?

If you have a non Borla system, I may be interested in a muffler only, but I would need to go for a ride to determine any interior drone. Thanks.

redneck

Reaction score
i live 3 hour south of orlando in punta gorda i have the borla sport cat back its deep but not too loud , i had a gmc sierra with a 6.2 & corsa sport cat back & it would bark loud when starting & getting on it over 4k rpm. this borla sport is mellow compaired to the corsa . the borla is just a deep growl

riveralg79

Reaction score
I’m interested in knowing how it sounds too… I don’t want to risk investing $$$ before the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I forgot about this post. I ended up purchasing the Borla S Type. It's not "too" loud, but it is louder than I was planning on going, so if I had to do it again, I would get the Touring.

With that said, I have a new S Type in the box, with chrome tips thats I might be selling soon.

riveralg79

Reaction score
So I might go the Touring route… but black… thanks for the research Bro… Is there a local Florida group where we can swap and sell parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread