5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Body Colored Bumper

A4Owner

Reaction score
What's the consensus on the body colored bumper? I like it but I will admit to liking the full chrome look on the LTDs and LHorns. It's sharp and seems to suit the truck. The only way I would eat the cost of the body color bumper is with a white one. I would skip on the tricoat ivory white and just get plain white (unless someone who knows for sure that tricoat ivory white is a way nicer shade) but then for sure get the bumper painted white too.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my body colored bumper in Patriot Blue. I was back and forth between that and chrome when I ordered but no regrets on going with the color. It will take rock chips so factor that into your decision. Whether you can live with it or want to spend for some PPF to help avoid it. I went with PPF on my bumper because I knew seeing the chips would bother me.

A4Owner

Reaction score
I love my body colored bumper in Patriot Blue. I was back and forth between that and chrome when I ordered but no regrets on going with the color. It will take rock chips so factor that into your decision. Whether you can live with it or want to spend for some PPF to help avoid it. I went with PPF on my bumper because I knew seeing the chips would bother me.

I know the exact truck you have. DAM that's a slick rig. For me I flip flop between your truck, the black LTDs or LHorns without the body colored bumper, and then white ones with the body colored bumper. Is tricoat white some specialized white or is it just a marketing gimmick?

Users who are viewing this thread