5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth

Big2019Ram

Reaction score
Why each time I get into my truck do I have to go into media and select Bluetooth. Why does my uconnect 8.4 not recognize the phone and start playing the music where it left off before I got out of the truck?

Stew81

Reaction score
I think it just defaults to the last source. If you were listening Bluetooth on the way to work it should recognize your phone when you get in after work.

But if you had the phone plugged into USB-1 on the way to work and you were using Apple Carplay (or Android), then you would have to select Bluetooth as the source.

At least that's how mine works. I think my F-150 (Sync 2) would always default to Bluetooth so I had to get used to the way U-Connect works.

Big2019Ram

Reaction score
I always listen to My Phone Via Bluetooth, but it never plays when I get back in, it goes straight to XM

Bearman95

Reaction score
Go into your audio settings where the equalizer is located and press the button that says always playing media first or something like that! That is if you have an 8.4 screen With Alpine . I have no idea on the other set ups.

Chrislb2001

Reaction score
I have the non alpine and it does this every time too. Every other car audio setup I’ve used defaulted to the last source. Can’t find any setting for this so I’m assuming it’s just how it is.

Stew81

Reaction score
Wow this is crazy
You may have done this already but you can move the bluetooth button to the sidebar of your media screen. That way you can just push the bluetooth button and go instead of going into the "source select" menu and to find it. Here's how mine looks. If you've already done this then I'm out of ideas. screen.jpg

Big2019Ram

Reaction score
Go into your audio settings where the equalizer is located and press the button that says always playing media first or something like that! That is if you have an 8.4 screen With Alpine . I have no idea on the other set ups.

Does nothing for me

Konrad

Reaction score
You may have done this already but you can move the bluetooth button to the sidebar of your media screen. That way you can just push the bluetooth button and go instead of going into the "source select" menu and to find it. Here's how mine looks. If you've already done this then I'm out of ideas. View attachment 41070

Doesn't work on 8.4 non-nav unit . Source buttons unmovable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stew81

Reaction score
How do you move it?
Hold down the button and slide it over. Like moving an app on an iPhone. I'm not sure what radio you have but Konrad says it doesn't work for non-nav unit. I've got the 8.4 w/ nav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/