5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Delay.

steeltkb

Reaction score
Problem is mainly when you're trying to stream HD audio with AAC codec.

On Google Pixel 5 / Android 11, this is easily fixed without spooky developer stuff:

1.) Long-Press your Bluetooth icon while connected to your truck.

2.) Click the little gear icon beside the Uconnect device that you're currently connected to, which brings up the Bluetooth settings for your truck's connection.

3.) First setting is "HD Audio: AAC". Toggle this to "Off" / make it gray.

Immediately you should see the lag diminish to something that's basically inconsequential.

This setting should persist in this device for as long as it remembers that particular Bluetooth device. Survives disconnect, reboot etc.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210412-121026.png
    Screenshot_20210412-121026.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 83

tlewis24

Reaction score
Problem is mainly when you're trying to stream HD audio with AAC codec.

On Google Pixel 5 / Android 11, this is easily fixed without spooky developer stuff:

1.) Long-Press your Bluetooth icon while connected to your truck.

2.) Click the little gear icon beside the Uconnect device that you're currently connected to, which brings up the Bluetooth settings for your truck's connection.

3.) First setting is "HD Audio: AAC". Toggle this to "Off" / make it gray.

Immediately you should see the lag diminish to something that's basically inconsequential.

This setting should persist in this device for as long as it remembers that particular Bluetooth device. Survives disconnect, reboot etc.

Screenshot attached.
Thank you

Raideon1500

Reaction score
Why is there a delay in real time when bluetooth streaming.

I find it very annoying that when I hit a skip button, there is a 1 to 2 second delay before anything happens before the next song streaming from my phone starts playing. Same with pressing the mute button on the dash beside the 12" Uconnect screen. A 1 to 2 second delay before streaming mutes. Same with raising and lowering volume.

Also, if I receive a phone call, my phone itself starts ringing, then a second or two later it rings through the bluetooth audio system. Same with notifications. The phone ringer alerts me, then the bluetooth audio alerts ne.

In my 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe, the phone and bluetooth audio are in perfect sync. No delay whatsoever.

What gives? Processing delay?
Just curious are u still having this issue?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
there will always bluetooth delay problem with Uconnect 4, change the setting like peoples mention early only help some but delay still there, maybe Uconnect 5 fix this issue.

bob12422006

Reaction score
Why is there a delay in real time when bluetooth streaming.

I find it very annoying that when I hit a skip button, there is a 1 to 2 second delay before anything happens before the next song streaming from my phone starts playing. Same with pressing the mute button on the dash beside the 12" Uconnect screen. A 1 to 2 second delay before streaming mutes. Same with raising and lowering volume.

Also, if I receive a phone call, my phone itself starts ringing, then a second or two later it rings through the bluetooth audio system. Same with notifications. The phone ringer alerts me, then the bluetooth audio alerts ne.

In my 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe, the phone and bluetooth audio are in perfect sync. No delay whatsoever.

What gives? Processing delay?
I have 12 inch display and samsung phone, i turned off A2DP hardware offload in developers option on my phone and it fixed it

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is already off but still didn't address the issue, turn off HD Audio or change Bluetooth Audio Codec will make it in sync better but will not fix the issue, also I need to do it every time I connect to uConnect because it will not save the change,

jeepon02

Reaction score
2020 with the 8.4 screen, iPhone user, have the lag you are all talking about. For me its really bad when changing tracks for music, and when pushing the mic on my phone for talk to text, takes about a good 3 secs before I can start talking. I have basically tried everything. Uconnect 8.4 - Car Play when plugged in works perfectly, might do that wirelessly if I can figure out how to get the USB/C ports to turn off with ignition...

Cparq

Reaction score
I fixed mine by turning off HD audio: ACC.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230811-113145.png
    Screenshot_20230811-113145.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread