5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue Ox Track Pro

Markvv

Reaction score
I had a blue ox sway pro but it won't work with my new 22 with air suspension and off road package to get the ball low enough trailer sits nose high. So I decided to try the track pro with 9 hole hitch bar and I'm seeing by the instructions and some install videos that there isn't away of adjusting it for weight distribution it is pre set. But I thought you could move the L brackets up or down to adjust? Going to partially install this afternoon. Leave for camping on Thursday for Easter weekend. Hoping someone else on here has installed this wdh and has some input.

Markvv

Reaction score
Blue Ox says I can move the L brackets up or down when I did the chat with a expert on their website. I asked why it doesn't say that in the instructions. They answered "Yes".

Tymeks

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve head to adjust that bracket a few times and remeasure to get it right as well. You can flip over that bracket as well To get more adjustment out of it.

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
Couldn't you just buy a new shank for the sway pro? I am going up in tire size and if needed that was my plan. Just buy the new shank.

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
Yes, but wanted to try the new track pro with 4 points of sway control and wasn't a fan of the chains.
Interested to see what you think of the new one compared to the old. Only thing I don't like about the chains is releasing the tension on disconnect. My dad was helping me and almost released them without lifting it up enough. Other than that it seems to work pretty well for me.

Markvv

Reaction score
Interested to see what you think of the new one compared to the old. Only thing I don't like about the chains is releasing the tension on disconnect. My dad was helping me and almost released them without lifting it up enough. Other than that it seems to work pretty well for me.
Camping again this weekend ( 2nd trip) I'll let you know how I feel it compares. My first trip with it was extremely windy and there was some sway but I think it was less than it would have been with the sway pro.

Tymeks

Reaction score
I had a windy day pulling the TT the other day, about 15 mph or so and the truck became pretty hard to drive, to the point that I had to take side roads. Luckily I had some to take.

Take a look at this video here. It made me realize the Blue Ox isn’t up to the job for me personally, so I ordered a new hitch.

Markvv

Reaction score
I had a windy day pulling the TT the other day, about 15 mph or so and the truck became pretty hard to drive, to the point that I had to take side roads. Luckily I had some to take.

Take a look at this video here. It made me realize the Blue Ox isn’t up to the job for me personally, so I ordered a new hitch.

Yes I watched that video. I would have liked to try the weigh safe. But the track pro was a lot cheaper and the sway pro wasn't to bad for me. I think you have to set these hitches up properly which means a lot of adjusting to get it right. You need to know your actual tongue weight which is not even close to what dealerships tell you.

Markvv

Reaction score
So another windy day ( gusts to 70k cross wind) driving between 80-90km/h lots of little wiggles nothing to concerning for me. On the way home the wind was calmer but still gusts between 30-40 km/h so the drive was better. Do I think the track pro is better than the sway pro, I think so. Maybe have to put more weight back to front axle also, with the air suspension it masks that if don't lock out the auto level. I would also say that yes the Pro pride or Hensely is the best but I'm not ready to spend $4000 Canadian yet.

Seadoorxpguy

Reaction score
I ordered my Hensley direct from them. I snagged a refurbished unit. Saved at least 1k. My rv is about 36ft long (cougar 32RLI) and I've got about 7-8k miles towing all over with it. There is no sway. None. Well worth the peace of mind and never being white knuckled driving

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
So another windy day ( gusts to 70k cross wind) driving between 80-90km/h lots of little wiggles nothing to concerning for me. On the way home the wind was calmer but still gusts between 30-40 km/h so the drive was better. Do I think the track pro is better than the sway pro, I think so. Maybe have to put more weight back to front axle also, with the air suspension it masks that if don't lock out the auto level. I would also say that yes the Pro pride or Hensely is the best but I'm not ready to spend $4000 Canadian yet.
Glad that worked out better for you. I think you are 100% right on properly setup being a big factor and the dealership for sure didn't adjust mine right out the gate. I could also see the swaypro not working all that well with full air ride suspension. I have air assist bags on my truck and if I add to much air it negates the hitch. I normally and enough to get me close to level and gives me a bit better ride. If I ever upgrade campers I will probably switch to a better hitch.

Tymeks

Reaction score
I ordered my Hensley direct from them. I snagged a refurbished unit. Saved at least 1k. My rv is about 36ft long (cougar 32RLI) and I've got about 7-8k miles towing all over with it. There is no sway. None. Well worth the peace of mind and never being white knuckled driving
I’ll second it. I replaced my Sway Pro with a Propride last weekend and took it out. Zero sway, it’s pretty wild actually. Winds were about 20 mph, according to the weather app. There was literally zero sway, with one hand driving, compared to having to slow down and use two hands with the sway pro.

I was explaining to my buddy that’s it’s one of those things, that if you don’t know about you either wouldn’t believe ( understandably ) or you wouldn’t understand how much better the Hensley type is without ever towing with it. But that it would 100% be one of those things, that once you tow with it, you would never go back because then your perspective would have changed.

It’s pretty crazy how it’s literally zero sway in 20 mph cross winds.

Users who are viewing this thread