5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blow out

I had a front blowout once. Early morning leaving the yard, pulled out onto the highway. Coffee in hand. Just got up to speed and went to light a cigarette. BOOM! luckily it was early and no 4 wheelers on the road as i went careening across the lane beside me. One of the nitwit mechanics either didn't realize or didn't care, put a tire with a sidewall repair on the front. Dumbass.

How long did it take you to dislodge the seat that got sucked up in the pucker?

I had a front blowout once. Early morning leaving the yard, pulled out onto the highway. Coffee in hand. Just got up to speed and went to light a cigarette. BOOM! luckily it was early and no 4 wheelers on the road as i went careening across the lane beside me. One of the nitwit mechanics either didn't realize or didn't care, put a tire with a sidewall repair on the front. Dumbass.

How long did it take you to dislodge the seat that got sucked up in the pucker?

It took a while to get dislodged. I was fortunate that the shoulder was to my right and noone was also using it.
Wow, jus wow... like old recaps on a steer axle.

It does look like a recap don't it. That tire was original to the truck 2018~. 122000 miles on it.

I now have the dash cam footage. I want to post it but should hold off for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back