5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Block heater installation instructions

rwo978

Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of these they’re able to post? I’ve scoured the page and the internet and have been unable to find them. I’m sure others would appreciate the link as well.

My biggest question is path to route the plug/cable so the mopar oem clips are useable.

Installing this on the 5.7 hemi v8.

Thanks!!

Florotory

Reaction score
Did you install the heater as well as the cord? Or just the cord? Looking to install on my wife’s truck and wondering how hard the heater install was.

rwo978

Reaction score
I never ended up getting instructions for this.

The heater insert goes behind the heat shield and behind the starter on the drivers side, it was a bit of a pita to get in there. You’ll need a bunch of socket extensions to get the starter loose.

Running the cord is fairly straightforward. There’s the retaining clips that need to get inserted into the engine block or brackets. Those should be approximately spaced which should make it evident where they go. The difficult one is the one on the back of the engine. Being you can’t see, you have to feel. It doesn’t go in a hole on the engine block. There’s a metal bracket back there it goes in.

Users who are viewing this thread