5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blind Spot Trailer Merge Assist Not Working

ssick92

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I rented a 20ft travel trailer for the weekend and when I drove it home I found that the blind spot monitors didn't extend any farther than usual even though in my UConnect had it set to Max length. I never got the little icon in my dash either but I know the truck is sensing the trailer since it gives me the message at startup to setup trailer settings and it is auto turning off rear sensors, etc. but nothing is happening with my blind spot monitor... I had tow/haul mode enabled if that matters.

Any thoughts? I'm assuming I am just missing something obvious since this is my first time towing with this truck...

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It might take a couple of turns for the system to estimate the length of the trailer, but it should pick it up. I leave mine on auto and it usually overestimates the trailer, an 18’ car hauler plus tongue, at 30’ and adjusts the blind spot warning accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread