5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blind Side Monitoring Problem

Ardeedunn

Reaction score
Just finished installing the BSM system on my 2022 Bighorn. Everything went well, the system shows up in the monitor . But, when you start the truck you get the message " Blindspot monitoring not available,service system" Truck shows no fault codes. Any ideas ?

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Did you turn on the mirrors and not have them hooked up yet? Did you add the 4 wires from under the seat to the CAN connector blocks?

Ardeedunn

Reaction score
installed mirrors prior to activating system and installed the 4 wires under drivers seat. The truck recognizes it has the system but sends message that service is required. I have not been able to find anything on troubleshooting the BSM system.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What codes do you have?

Ardeedunn

Reaction score
I checked for any fault codes and the scanner could not find any. The only thing i did other than install the proper tail lights and side mirrors, was to clip one of the wires on the right tail lamp. Soeone told me to do that so the computer could tell whic tail light was sending the message that a car was approaching. I'm thinking about reconnectint that wire and see if the warning goes away.

Ardeedunn

Reaction score
Have found two BCM fault codes, B17C0 and B17BB . So far I have not been able to find a list of BCM codes to be able to decode them. Any help would be appreciated

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been getting that error ever since I replaced the Drivers Tail light after
a Woman backed into the truck. It gets worse if it is wet out. I believe it is the
Splice connectors LEER used to install the Cap. I will be soldering them as soon
at this rain cycle quits. It giving me CANBUS errors which mess up my Comma3
for Self-Driving too.

Malodave

scully

Reaction score
B17C0= right side marker/parklamp control circuit short to ground

B17BB =left side marker/parklamp control circuit short to ground

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread