5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"BlackWidowRam"

SColang22

Reaction score
So.... To the ones saying it's a over priced 2k custom.. I wish man! Custom seats with stitching, custom dash as well as hood inserts and emblems, custom rear and front bumpers, LED light bar mounted behind skid plate maybe?, 6inch lift , rims and 35-37 tires....

If anyone can point me in the direction to get all of this for 2 grand let me know your hookup because I wants it in my 19 Rebel!!

Love the Black Widows.. The whole reason I ended up getting my 19 Rebel is because of a GMC black widow I saw that led me down a rabbit hole..
The 2k is an exaggeration. It’s probably closer to 6k but they at least double that price when they sell it to you. It’s not really custom stitching. They have those seat covers made already and just install them. The rest are just bolt ons. Those black widows are WAY over priced. They take a $45k truck, slap 6k of upgrades on it and charge $60-$70k. They are the sucker buy on the lot.

brotharon

Reaction score
I owned a 2014 GMC Sierra Black Widow (built on a SLT 6.2L trim). It was ok, but the fit and finish of the parts were not superb for what they charge. You get some steps that were Raptor brand I believe, some 20" or 22" wheels, a 6" lift, some spiders stitched in the headrests, and a bull bar. You can opt for a lot of upgrades over and above that stuff but it will cost you $$$. No offense to the people at SCA (Southern Comfort Automotive), they were great to deal with every time I had to call them for issues with the parts that were fitted to my truck, but it got to me that after paying $75k for a truck that it had so many issues. Not saying it isnt a cool truck, it is, but it is something that you could put together in your driveway for much less than they charge.

Edward901

Reaction score
Anyone know if there are aftermarket hood emblems similar to the ones used on the black widow? I think it gives the regular good a sport look.

OC.13

Reaction score
I love the wheels, Unfortunately their website doesn't say how much they cost. I might just have to check them out once my truck arrives.
The few at my local Ram dealer all had Fuel assault wheels on them. Most of the Black Widows I have seen online have the assults as well.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I inquired about solely purchasing the wheels, I got an email back saying they don’t just sell those. But upon reading where they get them from, opens up new opportunities I see.

OC.13

Reaction score
When I inquired about solely purchasing the wheels, I got an email back saying they don’t just sell those. But upon reading where they get them from, opens up new opportunities I see.
The Black Widows at my local dealer clearly, have the Fuel Logo on there center cap. That's not to say all the trucks SCA customizes do but might be worth looking into if you like them.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I appreciate that but I am no longer the owner of that Ram, and the new owner preferred having oem wheels on it. :)

Dr Teeth

Reaction score
The few at my local Ram dealer all had Fuel assault wheels on them. Most of the Black Widows I have seen online have the assults as well.
The Fuel wheels are similar, but not the same as the wheels they show on the Black Widow website. I prefer the exposed lug nuts on the Black Widow rims.

brotharon

Reaction score
I have a set of black widow wheels in boxes in my garage. They need to be stripped and powder coated or painted because the finish is peeling on the lips due to New York winters. I am not in New York any longer. I am down by Houston Texas, I would certainly be willing to part with them since I like the wheels that came on my rebel. They are the 2014 style wheels though....I will get pictures later and maybe post them in the for sale section...I am pretty sure it is the same bolt pattern as the ram trucks.

OC.13

Reaction score
The Fuel wheels are similar, but not the same as the wheels they show on the Black Widow website. I prefer the exposed lug nuts on the Black Widow rims.
Interesting. I will have to check the website out. The ones I have seen at the dealer have the Fuel center caps. Here's a pic from dealer lot, and a photo from the fuel website. Look the same? Screenshot_20190827-121330_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190827-113943_Photo Editor.jpg

Edit:. Upon looking at the website further it appears that the fuels were used on the 2018 black widow. Looks like 2019s are a little bit different wheel. Thanks Dr Teeth for pointing out!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread