5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackout vinyl for Rebel wheels?

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Hey, all, I wanted to see if anyone has done this and can post the link to a solid kit that I can purchase. I like the all black wheel look, and, in lieu of spending a few grand on some new wheels, I feel like this will help streamline the look of the truck just a bit.

I've got these in the cart right now: https://www.etsy.com/listing/772609029/premium-cast-vinyl-overlay-decals-for?ref=cart

il_1140xN.2162273128_rxpb.jpg

But, I don't know if that's the best option available. Let me know!

AevJk1day

Reaction score
Hey, all, I wanted to see if anyone has done this and can post the link to a solid kit that I can purchase. I like the all black wheel look, and, in lieu of spending a few grand on some new wheels, I feel like this will help streamline the look of the truck just a bit.

I've got these in the cart right now: https://www.etsy.com/listing/772609029/premium-cast-vinyl-overlay-decals-for?ref=cart

View attachment 101536

But, I don't know if that's the best option available. Let me know!

Tvdvinyldecals.com has a kit for this, too. Their vinyl seems to be high quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Tvdvinyldecals.com has a kit for this, too. Their vinyl seems to be high quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The link is to TVD's etsy, btw.

Did you get these for your truck? Gloss or matte black?

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Wow that looks REALLY good. Completely changes the look and makes the OEM Rebel wheels look like a custom wheel. Nice job!
Thanks, I love the look and I honestly put these on thinking they would be short term until I came up with something more long term but these worked out better than I expected and are staying on! Luckily rims aren't as susceptible to road debris as the front of the truck.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I guess I should've added that the front RAM lettering on my truck is also from TVD vinyl and that also held up wonderfully!

badassbaldie

Reaction score
Installed the TVD vinyl on my wheels last fall...Good quality and only one came off over the winter. That was likely my fault because I used a pressure washer to clean the wheels and probably peeled an edge. They send extras so not a big deal. Make sure you clean the wheel thoroughly and use a heat gun to set the adhesive. I bought the glossy black to contrast the matte finish on the wheels. Also, mine only covered the trapezoidal sections, not the entire outer edge/bead.

IMG_2881.jpg IMG_2880.jpg IMG_2900.jpg IMG_3310.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/