5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackout Limited grill part #

mhb1638

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there that has this information? I can't seem to find it and without them on the lot yet where my son works (blackout editions) Its hard to get the info. Any help would be greatful!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
If by "blackout edition" you're referring to the Black Appearance package, it was available on 2020 Limited models (we own one), and are currently on dealer lots. Not sure about 2019's though. In looking at the ramtrucks.com configurator for 2021, it looks like they might have replaced the Black Appearance package with the Night Edition. I'm assuming you're just looking for the black Limited grille. Dealership should be able to get you the part number if you can't find it online.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Yeah im having a hell of a time finding the part number for that grill, and no one around here wants to paint over chrome, and wrap is never accurate

Gitter

Reaction score
I can't help with a part number, but I can help with a pic of one on a granite crystal limited that was in the lot (last month):
20201012_085813.jpg

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah im having a hell of a time finding the part number for that grill, and no one around here wants to paint over chrome, and wrap is never accurate

Have it sandblasted then have it painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
68490797AB List - $1,625 :eek:
Yeah, but who pays list price?

Still a lot to pay for a grille. If I knew I would be buying it anyway, I'd at least try painting the chrome one to save a grand. Nothing to lose at that point unless you plan on selling the chrome grille to recoup some of what you paid for the black one.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Yeah my son can get the grill for $1100 at his price at the dealership...but thats still allot of money

MK81

Reaction score
this guy provides some info on what he used to prep a chrome grille for painting.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I can't help with a part number, but I can help with a pic of one on a granite crystal limited that was in the lot (last month):
View attachment 73255
On a somewhat related note: my '21 Longhorn has the chrome surround with horizontal chrome slats, of which I'm not a big fan (almost sliced open my fingers cleaning a similar grille on my 2012 Lonestar, so I switched that one over to black honeycomb - much better, IMHO). To be honest, I was looking at a Limited Laramie Sport when my wife showed me the truck I bought (you know how that can go sometimes).

Anyway, I'm not necessarily looking for the entire grille, or one that's 'blacked out,' but rather just the center insert part with the same texture as the horizontal slot in the bumper immediately below it - blacked out or chrome for that piece is fine. I'm keeping the chrome surround, and I'll transfer my RAM letters over. Taking it all apart and swapping the center bit shouldn't be a big deal... just gotta be careful with it like all plastic pieces these days.

Any ideas? (I haven't checked fleabay yet, since it's locked out here at work).

Users who are viewing this thread