5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Black out" package?

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I have read a few threads and see mention of the blackout package.
What are the details?
Is this an actual factory option or aftermarket?
Is it available for all models or only Limited and Rebel?
I have searched many dealer websites and don't recall seeing any with the blackout package other than the low end model (Express) which is usually all black with the black rims.

The official name is the Black Appearance Package - go here and then down to Customize Your Ram Truck. It's not available for either Limited or Rebel, rather, for Tradesman, Bighorn, and Laramie. It is factory, but many folks have gone aftermarket to blackout their badges and such.

The Black Appearance Package applies the alluring Diamond Black Crystal Pearl Coat to every inch of the exterior, including the grille and front and rear bumpers. To continue this monochromatic look, black badging, exhaust tips, and headlamp and taillamp bezels finish out the bold look of this package.

That's what I have and love it. Only complaints are the white lettering on tires and chrome lugnuts (both of which I've replaced).

Ok, as I suspected, "The Black Appearance Package applies the alluring Diamond Black Crystal Pearl Coat to every inch of the exterior, ...".
It is only for the Black trucks.
I thought it would be similar to the Titan midnight edition which is available in all colors.

That's what I have and love it. Only complaints are the white lettering on tires and chrome lugnuts (both of which I've replaced).

My tires don’t have white lettering, but those lug nuts sure bother me. Interested to know what you did to make them black

We love ours, love the black out treatment!Ive owned many muscle cars through the yeas...roadrunner,coronet etc....I like it,it has the dual exhaust,cragerish mag wheels and white letter tires..and though its not a 426 hemi motor,this 5.7 hemi does quite well!

We got ours from Turnersville dodge ram...Turnersville n.j.

Ours is a BIGHORN ram with the blackout package....the only thing im adding in the future is the ram REBEL hood,very cool!500.00 through mopar...

Looks like this on the Laramie. It would look amazing on all color trucks. Wish they would expand this offering. Some of us just don’t like chrome!

Attachments

• 4C7D75AB-51FA-4354-B435-A96E67334FE7.jpeg
    4C7D75AB-51FA-4354-B435-A96E67334FE7.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 71
  • D4071D5E-C332-49F6-A22E-896873534662.jpeg
    D4071D5E-C332-49F6-A22E-896873534662.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 70
  • 889BDF08-89DC-40AD-B67F-ADBA5EA1BE64.jpeg
    889BDF08-89DC-40AD-B67F-ADBA5EA1BE64.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 64
Ours is a BIGHORN ram with the blackout package....the only thing im adding in the future is the ram REBEL hood,very cool!500.00 through mopar...

$500??? but thats not painted correct?? Do you have the Mopar part #?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back