5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100 in the back or coil spacers??

EleanorWyatt

Reaction score
Hey guys looking to level out my 2021 ram 1500 crew cab. What’s your guys opinion? I’m going with 5100 bilstein ride adjustable and new UCA’s in the front which were pretty hard to find right now, but I found a set.
Would like to max them out at 2 3/4” so I could get 295/60/20 toyo at3 on there. ,but that would bring my front up 3/4” higher then the back. Thinking omegle xender of putting either a spacer in the coils in the back or going with bilstein 5100 in the back which go from 0-1” the level it back out, which might be hard to find right now. Would the spacers change the ride quality? And
I’ve got a trailer that I pull about 10 to 15 times a year. My travel trailer is about 4000lbs dry 5500 loaded , tongue weight of about 500lbs.

Last edited:
The bilstein shock does NOT lift the rear end. It is only a shock. You will still need either a spacer or a longer spring. I just did the 5100s front and back and used a 1” spacer to keep a bit of rake after the front level. There is a ton of info in the suspension section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back